★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Card King: Dragon Wars. An INSANELY GREAT and FREE Battle game with an endless array of creatures that where YOU harness each creatures magical and powerful cards!

WIZARDS AND WARRIORS. READY YOUR DECKS!
Journey to the land where Cards become creatures and creatures battle against powerful and magical enemies each with their own unique card battle spells, strategies and abilities!

SIMPLE, YET DEEP!
Decide if you want the strength of a Warrior or the cunning Spellcraft of a Wizard as you choose your avatar to summon your magical creatures and lay down your battle cards. What unique strategies will you come up?

BUILD YOUR COLLECTION!
Command an ever changing army of awesome creatures, including Dragons, Immortal Knights, and Elementals to unleash their Card Abilities in an all out Card War!

CUSTOMIZE YOUR DECK!
Hundreds of creatures come with Hundreds of Awesome Cards and abilities that make every battle new and unique. Power-up and transform as your creatures and cards become even more powerful as you customize your team to suit your battle style.

MULTIPLAYER FUN!
Play in matches against opponent Heroes or fight against other Card Kings as you make your way up the ladder to win loot, prizes and honor!

MAGICAL GRAPHICS!
Epic 3D Card Battles where you Explore the magical wizard tower, dungeon depths and a town full of life and wonder where you enter magical stores and walk out with incredible collection of cards and creatures!

PeteOzzy's comments:

Card King: Dragon Wars

CROOZ, Inc.
Genres: Games Card Role Playing Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Card King: Dragon Wars. An INSANELY GREAT and FREE Battle game with an endless array of creatures that where YOU harness each creatures magical and powerful cards!

WIZARDS AND WARRIORS. READY YOUR DECKS!
Journey to the land where Cards become creatures and creatures battle against powerful and magical enemies each with their own unique card battle spells, strategies and abilities!

SIMPLE, YET DEEP!
Decide if you want the strength of a Warrior or the cunning Spellcraft of a Wizard as you choose your avatar to summon your magical creatures and lay down your battle cards. What unique strategies will you come up?

BUILD YOUR COLLECTION!
Command an ever changing army of awesome creatures, including Dragons, Immortal Knights, and Elementals to unleash their Card Abilities in an all out Card War!

CUSTOMIZE YOUR DECK!
Hundreds of creatures come with Hundreds of Awesome Cards and abilities that make every battle new and unique. Power-up and transform as your creatures and cards become even more powerful as you customize your team to suit your battle style.

MULTIPLAYER FUN!
Play in matches against opponent Heroes or fight against other Card Kings as you make your way up the ladder to win loot, prizes and honor!

MAGICAL GRAPHICS!
Epic 3D Card Battles where you Explore the magical wizard tower, dungeon depths and a town full of life and wonder where you enter magical stores and walk out with incredible collection of cards and creatures!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadThirdGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 201MB

03-13-2015, 11:53 PM
I'm a bit of card game guy so despite this looking like a cheesy hearthstone.....I'm very intrigued.

03-14-2015, 03:38 AM
First imps....Have played through the tutorial and it is or seems a very polished game.
The underlying formula takes from Puzzle & Dragons but there is enough difference to allow you to enjoy this as a separate entity.
The initial facebook logon was a turn off but you can play as a guest. You have various creatures with their own decks of cards and also the ability for some amazing combos, so there is a depth to the game.
There is a premium currency called dragon stones via IAP which allows the purchase of gold eggs, ie. Rare creatures, which have better stats and cards. So far I have received one gold egg after completing tutorial so I'm hoping you can grind for more.....and yes, there is stamina as well.....which gets used up per battle. Not sure how far I will get before hitting a wall. We shall see.
03-14-2015, 05:43 AM
Please Keep posting how it goes
03-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Game Impressions

03-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Downloaded it and gave it half an hour or so. It's actually not bad. Has a mechanic to it that I don't think we've seen before. Unfortunately it does scream freemium but just how much I haven't determined yet. The mechanic that this employs means that (at least upon getting familiar with the game), there's quite a bit to consider each turn. Just even attacking with a particular unit determines the card draw pool that you draw from.

Don't like the Facebook or guest login as mentioned pagan
03-14-2015, 12:49 PM
Well I haven't had much more time on it but the few more games I played I have thoroughly enjoyed.
There is a great depth to this and the decks and creatures you can amass.
There is full deck building and editing, power ups of creatures and fusion as well for increasing levels.
Creature eggs can drop after defeating a creature and I managed to get a gold (rare) one just now.
The stamina timer has not been an issue so far but I've only played a couple of hours.
So far not bad at all.
Hope this helps
03-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Kung Fu is the same dev group behind Card Wars: Adventure Time, which is my favorite card game. So I have great expectations for this one. So far, Im not disappointed. It looks to be a deep game. I think eventually I will log in to FB just to preserve my progress when I goes worldwide.

Edited to say: OK, well I've been playing this most of the afternoon. Nuff said.

Last edited by PBSNellie; 03-14-2015 at 06:29 PM.
03-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Game is broken for me. I was able to complete the tutorial battle but that's it. The 2nd battle always seems to let the opponent go first. Problem is, she doesn't do anything. I have a "go" button but it tells me to summon a monster first. I have 0 energy so I can't summon. I've tried quitting and restarting the game. I used up the 4 remaining stamina I had left and it's the same each time.
03-14-2015, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know if this is an online only game? Just curious since Card Wars is an offline game (but is mostly a solo game).

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar