★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: caweb.de
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 70.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Enter the Flow State: Cyberrunner 2 is an intense 3D racer. Test your skills, avoid moving and rotating obstacles and jump over abysses on your way through cyberspace!

Cyberrunner 2 features:
- Smooth 3D graphics with full 60 fps.
- Animated track boundaries, obstacles and bridges.
- Animated clouds and day/night transitions.
- Simple controls (accelerometer and touch).
- 6 difficulty levels.
- Daily levels that stay the same for 1 day.
- Game Center with 6 online leaderboards and 18 achievements.
- No ads, no in-app purchases.

If you like Cyberrunner 2, please leave a review in the App Store.

charnold's comments:

Enter the Flow State: Cyberrunner 2 is an intense 3D racer. Test your skills, avoid moving and rotating obstacles and jump over abysses on your way through cyberspace!

Cyberrunner 2 features:
- Smooth 3D graphics with full 60 fps.
- Animated track boundaries, obstacles and bridges.
- Animated clouds and day/night transitions.
- Simple controls (accelerometer and touch).
- 6 difficulty levels.
- Daily levels that stay the same for 1 day.
- Game Center with 6 online leaderboards and 18 achievements.
- No ads, no in-app purchases.

03-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Geeze I didn't know this was already out and there are no impressions. So I just picked this one up just now.

At first I hated it because I selected the touch controls they were a little awkward for me because you have to press the left or the right side the screen on these large button areas, which is how I like most of my games. However, you also jump in this game so if you press any area other then the large left/right sectors you will jump. After awhile I could see this was not working out for me that well.
Once I switched to the tilt controls I soon started having a lot of fun. The tilt controls are really good on this one. Also you have an advantage of tilting hard in a direction this will increase the turn dramatically which you cannot do with the touch controls.

I think you can make some better working touch controls by having on the left side a left and right sector and put the jumping on the right side of the screen.

The music is great but I think this one could use some kind of sound effects.
03-23-2015, 02:15 PM
Thanks for your impressions,

I thought the touch controls are even easier than tilt, but maybe it's because I implemented them first and used them a lot (now I almost exclusively use tilt controls, they're more fun and steering is more exact). I'll make some tests with steering controls on the left side + jumping on the right, never thought about that :-)