★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Paper Monsters Recut (Crescent Moon Games) $4.99 - > $2.99

03-15-2015, 12:46 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,833
Paper Monsters Recut (Crescent Moon Games) $4.99 - > $2.99




Just came out this week!!!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-15-2015, 02:40 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,635
Wow ouch to the early adopters eh?

03-15-2015, 02:58 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 108
that is nuts, is it the developer who does this?

that IMO is plain milking any 'real' fans of the genre on day one, then reducing the price.... should not be allowed

also remember if you are in EU you can do a auto refund, then rebuy at cheaper price
03-15-2015, 03:18 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 2,336
This is similar to Little Big Planet right?
03-15-2015, 04:05 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeschylus72 View Post
that is nuts, is it the developer who does this?

that IMO is plain milking any 'real' fans of the genre on day one, then reducing the price.... should not be allowed

also remember if you are in EU you can do a auto refund, then rebuy at cheaper price
The developer sets the price. It's a touchy situation because it means it's probably not selling well.
03-15-2015, 06:32 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: on the internet
Posts: 1,837
This always happens a lot to people that buy day one the dev are basically saying "don't buy our game yet wait for a sale" xD

im a rpg loving kind of guy
03-15-2015, 07:59 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
This always happens a lot to people that buy day one the dev are basically saying "don't buy our game yet wait for a sale" xD
Yea its kind of odd.
03-15-2015, 09:40 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: New York City, New York, USA
Posts: 199
Another Metal only game added to the list. Is Apple paying these devs to do this!?
03-15-2015, 11:20 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeschylus72 View Post
that is nuts, is it the developer who does this?

that IMO is plain milking any 'real' fans of the genre on day one, then reducing the price.... should not be allowed

also remember if you are in EU you can do a auto refund, then rebuy at cheaper price
Would you rather games never go on sale? Actually have to buy a game on its merits? We rarely have to pay the same price for a game released on PC. Don't complain if you haven't even bought the game, it's ridiculous.
03-16-2015, 03:31 AM
#10
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorracer83 View Post
Another Metal only game added to the list. Is Apple paying these devs to do this!?

What does Metal only mean?