Admob android in-app purchase question

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, Mar 16, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Does goole allow in-app purchases

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Admob is for advertising not in-app purchases.

In-app purchases are done via the storefront of choice ie. Google play

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Thanks for the info but I am still a bit confused. What to I have to do to sell in-apps to android users?

4. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    Use your appstore account. Google play and amazon support them. I haven't gone outside those stores so can't comment on other android stores.

5. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    An AdMob representative told us that they are launching a feature that allows you to show either ads or IAPs in the same game, based on user behavior.

It sounds amazing, but I am not sure yet how it actually works...

6. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian

I would like to show ads and sell in-app tools. Is than not possible now?

7. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    It is still possible. I don't know what makes you think it isn't?

8. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    They mean, if it is a potentially paying user, according to Analytics data, they see IAPs; if not, they see ads. That's how I understood it... And, of course, as a developer, you have to opt in first to use this feature.

'Target the right users
    Use audience segmentation in Google Analytics to group your users based on the actions they take within your app, and then target them with a customized experience. This enables you to promote your IAP to those users who are most likely to purchase, and show ads to the users who are not'
    - from AdMob website.

9. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
  10. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    If I understand you correct they cannot buy IAs and see the advertising at the same time. Does that mean if they buy and IA they will not see the ads after? Also my IA is going to be free if you pick up enough bonus points, not sure if that is a different situation.

11. Eggsavior

Eggsavior Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    #11 Eggsavior, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    I believe that's exactly what they want to implement. And yes, it is more or less a good practise not to show ads to paying users. I was told not to do so by a very experienced game marketer who works a lot with Chinese and Korean markets.

UPD: actually her advice was first to offer them purchases, and, if they don't buy anything in 60 days, try to monetize them by other means. This is so-called "Zynga Principle" - there is a very little probability that players will buy anything if they haven't done so in 60 days.

Bonus points are a great idea, but it's a bit different, could you name an example in an existing game?

12. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    There is also little chance they are still playing your game.

13. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Yes. You can do pretty much the same thing as what you can on iOS.

The main difference is Google Play doesn't have the same level of receipt verification, so piracy on Google Play is easier than iOS (or rather combating piracy on iOS is easier than on Google Play).

14. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    We are on the verge of upload our game today or tomorrow. We have the solution of inapps for China and Apple but not for Google. Is there anyone here who can tell me step by step how to do that with Google? Thank you for your help.hhh

15. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Apparently my used this info and got an error message

Error: Problem setting up in-app billing: lab Result: Error checking for billing v3 support (response: 3:Billing unavailable)

We are going to test it again with another phone and see if it is a phone problem. Have you ever encounter the same problem and if is what is the fix?