★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Theres something wonderfully freeing yet restricting about this ages-old [chess bishop movement] mechanic, which has been adapted into a diabolically hard iOS game called Snow Roll - The Verge

"Here's the deliciously evil bit of gameplay: Snow Roll actually punishes you for playing it, turning your own broken snowballs from previous plays into temporary obstacles. So why can't we stop playing?!" - Popular Mechanics

The 8-bit graphics and the limited storyline make it a good way to pass the time - TIME

Guide little penguin on his roll through snowy woods, tap to change direction and avoid obstacles, collect coins to unlock new balls and roll as far as you can.

More from Happymagenta:
Spyglass - outdoor GPS with augmented reality
Scany - WiFi scanner and network utility

PeteOzzy's comments:

Snow Roll

Happymagenta
Genres: Games Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Guide little penguin on his roll through snowy woods, tap to change direction and avoid obstacles, collect coins to unlock new balls and roll as far as you can.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad23G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone6
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 20.6MB

03-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Game Impressions

ZigZag meets crossy road

03-16-2015, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
YouTube: video

ZigZag meets crossy road
Yep.

We expected people notice it

Actually the game was almost complete when ZigZag was released, but the ball unlock sheme was diffirent. So, after the ZigZag released we decided not to hurry and to add a CR inspired unlocks instead of the initial unlock sheme. This way it's now as it is now - polished as always - I hope you'll like our small game that was initially a result of our internal hackaton in the team :-)

P.S. Thanks for posting, Pete

Last edited by Happybyte; 03-16-2015 at 11:55 AM.
03-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Looks fun. Gonna snatch it's up once available, although I do wish it wasn't a winter theme. I'm sick of winter, LOL. Spring is here finally, or close enough anyway...
03-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Looks fun. Gonna snatch it's up once available, although I do wish it wasn't a winter theme. I'm sick of winter, LOL. Spring is here finally, or close enough anyway...
LOL, that's exactly the point.

The initial game was ready soon after the New Year - that why it's winter theme.

It took two months to reflux the unlocks theme, polish, fix our ad intergration code, fixing bugs in other games and so on., including the short dev's vacation, all the things of which a life of a simple dev studio is consists =)

Last edited by Happybyte; 03-16-2015 at 12:17 PM.
03-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Again a fun game from HappyMagenta, keep it up guys.
03-17-2015, 10:33 AM
First Mudloop's Zig Zag Boom, then ZigZag by KetchApp and Mauigo and now your game. And all of them have been in development at the very same time. There are some strange coincidences sometimes
03-17-2015, 01:29 PM
I'll download it right now!
03-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Hey Happybyte! Glad to see another game out....love ur stuff. I noticed something that I'm not sure was intended or not. When u first start, you have to tap the left or right side of the screen to begin the run.

What I've noticed is that if I tap the left side of the screen first, that applies the left side to going right, and tapping to right side for going left (as opposed to right side to go right and left side to go left). I thought I was going crazy because the controls were flipping and I was thinking "wait a second.....it was opposite before".

The diagram at the beginning of the run shows the first tap to the right, so im guessing that's applying my first input to the right based on what side I tapped.