★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Don't let Lord Slash get away with it, YOU are the monster!
How many brain cells can you eat?

Rules are simple:
- Tap and hold to eat the brain cells.
- Blinking cells will make your brain go the other way around!

Sounds easy? We will see...

paxiogames's comments:

Description
Don't let Lord Slash get away with it, YOU are the monster!
How many brain cells can you eat?

Rules are simple:
- Tap and hold to eat the brain cells.
- Blinking cells will make your brain go the other way around!

Sounds easy? We will see...

Itunes Link : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eat-your-brain-lord-slash/id968137359?mt=8

Check out the Trailer
03-19-2015, 07:00 AM
Game Impressions

Not quite common circular 'flappy' gameplay. Worth giving a second (third, thirty third...) try.

Somewhat awkward and unclear failure animation.

Bad, bad ad placement
03-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggsavior View Post
Not quite common circular 'flappy' gameplay. Worth giving a second (third, thirty third...) try.

Somewhat awkward and unclear failure animation.

Bad, bad ad placement

Don't know if you like it or hate it

Pushed an update to it fixing Game Center and some minor bugs
03-20-2015, 06:29 PM
I like the game.
Definitely unusual and unique.
The character (a stick?) has a cutout for a mouth. You go around in a circle, and basically eat the item (brain cell) in front of you/ your character. The braincell will be at different heights. So..... The goal is to eat it.
Simple controls. You tap your screen. The longer you keep your finger pressing the tapped spot, the higher your character will go. Let go, and he slowly drops down. Whenever he eats the brain cell, he reverses to go the other way. (Clockwise, or counter-clockwise) seems simple really, but it's not. You have to be pretty exact. If the cell hits outside of the mouth, you lose. Reminds me of those games where you have to thread the needle and you can't miss or go outside the hole or you lose because the thread can't go through. This doesn't mean this game is like that, I just meant that it reminds me of that because the goal is similar. I think overall, Eat your Brain is a fun, simple, little time waster.
If you like dark and moody or goth type graphics or games, this is a good high score chaser for your IOS gaming collection.

Cons: doesn't look like there's an iap to get rid of ads. This is unfortunate because an ad pops up between each lose or restart. When you are in the 'zone' that can slow you down and cause a loss of interest.
I would suggest an iap for ad removal. If you are set on no iap's, then I would suggest a banner ad so it doesn't interrupt the flow. But.... Keep in mind, there are a lot of players that won't tolerate ads whatsoever, just as, there are plenty of players who will never pay for a game or ad removal either. The latter players, are obviously the main reason so many devs are choosing to go the Freemium and/or ads route. I love the idea of catering to both types of players with a single iap to give that choice and to support the developer. Some players actually like supporting devs. Especially indie or one man teams.

Good luck!
03-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
I like the game.
Definitely unusual and unique.
Good luck!
Omg thx alot for the feedback I really appreciate it and maybe i should add an IAP to remove adds, or Iam thinking of trying something new actually.. maybe have an option button and inside there you can turn off the adds
So if you actually like the game you don't need to pay anything and can disable the adds what do you think about that?
03-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxiogames View Post
Omg thx alot for the feedback I really appreciate it and maybe i should add an IAP to remove adds, or Iam thinking of trying something new actually.. maybe have an option button and inside there you can turn off the adds
So if you actually like the game you don't need to pay anything and can disable the adds what do you think about that?
OMG you are totally welcome! he he. Kidding! You are welcome.

I don't know if you are trying to make a buck or not, but if you remove the ads without payment, you are not getting anything at all.

Honestly, I believe if you have an option button it's useless. Just extra coding for you. Either do the ads or not.
And... if you keep the ads, then have an iap to remove them and 'support the dev.'
If you are trying to make it minimal and reasonable, just charge .99 cents.

See... you're the dev so do what you want.
I am not a developer. But..... if I made a game, I would at least have ads for free players to help with or go towards the cost of having it in the app store. And; the disable ads iap for anyone who doesn't want the ads.

As long as you never have ads AFTER someone has paid with actual money for a game. Because then, you'd be like a selfish thief, I think. It's always up for debate. Allthough, I have noticed, that it's usually the devs doing it, that are the ones debating it! LOL

I think for free playing, (if you had the one iap) your ad placement is just fine.
Obnoxious enough for a player to want to get rid of them and fine for free players because they are only in between game sessions.

Good luck to you!