★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls (by Spiderweb Software)

03-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls (by Spiderweb Software)

Coming to iPad April 15th

Avernum 2 is a Pay Once & Play game. Enjoy the whole thing with no in-app purchases.

03-18-2015, 02:42 AM
Am I the only one super pumped for this game? What's wrong with the rest of you TA'ers?!

03-18-2015, 03:27 AM
All their games are excellent. Looking forward to seeing this one.
03-18-2015, 03:45 AM
Look nice. I'm waiting for it on April.

BTW, how much is it?

Pine Entertainment
03-20-2015, 08:17 PM
I am absolutely thrilled to read of this title! Spiderweb Software's RPGs are among my most beloved games. They just stay on my iPad all the time. I'm so looking forward to playing this!
03-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Kinda... maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickzy View Post
Am I the only one super pumped for this game? What's wrong with the rest of you TA'ers?!
I have difficulty finishing these games. It's not the game really, I think it's my play style. At first it's wide open, lots of quests, lots of stuff to find and grind on... I'm free, even encouraged, to play in a non-linear fashion. Somehow mid-late game everything starts funneling down to a few choke points: quests or bosses you have to get past to open new chapters/regions... Depending on how you played, you may not be equipped to do so. One problem is nothing respawns, the regions and dungeons you've cleared stay dead empty, so if you can't find, or get past, the requisite task the game becomes a slog through a huge ghost town. I suspect another thing I'm doing wrong is not utilizing more of the available characters. I kind of like to stick with and advance my original line up. If it's necessary to change it up more these games don't make it clear. Anyhoo, those are some of my beefs with otherwise excellent RPGs.
03-21-2015, 12:04 AM
Just saw this, great news.