★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Agent RX stealth game: 1.99 --> free

03-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Agent RX stealth game: 1.99 --> free

Seems to be a stealth action game, but I don't know about its quality.

https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/agent-rx/id815591919?mt=8
03-16-2015, 03:53 PM
I never heard of it before! I am downloading and will check. I love Stealth.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

03-17-2015, 03:44 AM
Thank you for sharing. I'm downloading and will check it ASAP.

Pine Entertainment
03-17-2015, 04:14 AM
Quick imps

Just downloaded this. Only played for a short while. It is pretty awesome. Just as advertised 'Classic Top-Down Stealth'.

Looks decent (Unreal engine, no realtime shadows). Sound is minimal, all voices are text, sadly with quite a few spelling mistakes. But the gameplay is spot on, which is what matters most in the end

The tutorial is very well implemented, all in-game, texts placed in the environment. It even seems to adjust nicely when you ignore the given advice.

Would have happily paid for this if I knew it existed before it went free..

Last edited by addink; 03-17-2015 at 04:16 AM.
03-17-2015, 04:59 AM
Is it similar to Republique?
03-17-2015, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydvd View Post
Is it similar to Republique?
Somewhat. In essence it's a 2D top-down stealth game, but it's presented as a 3D world with some nice interaction with the environment. It doesn't have Republique's security camera view. It's pacing is very similar to Republique, though. It's not very actiony like Dynamite Jack.

It's currently free. So if you like stealth, there's no reason not to try it.
03-17-2015, 11:52 AM
As it is free I would suggest trying it out but the horrible path finding is a deal breaker for me, pity.
03-17-2015, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't call the pathfinding horrible since there's no pathfinding implemented. The character simply moves straight at the indicated spot.
03-17-2015, 02:29 PM
If i am hiding behind a Wall lets say this is me X that is the wall - and this is my destination D:

---------------
X
----------
D

Then the character wil run against that wall between me and my destination i clicked at for a while and stop. There is no automatical "run around the wall to the desitnation" pathfinding in this game which needs you to click every single step around an obstacle in your path so your character does not get stuck at some wall or crate etc.

UNLESS i am missing something.

I personally find this extremly annoying and unpleasant to play.
03-18-2015, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenxe View Post
If i am hiding behind a Wall lets say this is me X that is the wall - and this is my destination D:

---------------
X
----------
D

Then the character wil run against that wall between me and my destination i clicked at for a while and stop. There is no automatical "run around the wall to the desitnation" pathfinding in this game which needs you to click every single step around an obstacle in your path so your character does not get stuck at some wall or crate etc.

UNLESS i am missing something.

I personally find this extremly annoying and unpleasant to play.
I think you are missing something. LOL

The game was intended to be that you have to hit a wall in order to lean into it. I think the pathfinding was a sacrifice made to implement this lean-on-walls mechanic without a hitch.

That said, i think the game lacks meat. The game itself is pretty good, but for a stealth title, it's pretty casual which doesnt really fit the stealth theme IMO.

It's still a decent game if you like stealth titles.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword