★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Gather your heroes and experience the magic of SoulSpark in heart-racing, spell-blazing, card-chasing combat. Enjoy one-minute warfare, anytime, anywhere on iPhone or iPad.

Game features:
* Free to play
* Experience intense real-time card battles - no waiting, no turns
* Customize your party of heroes and create your own unique strategy
* Journey through the world of SoulSpark on an epic quest to save the world from corruption.
* Make your way through dark swamps and treacherous mountains to face the darkness from beyond the void.
* Face hordes of sinister undead, merciless abominations and unyielding mechanical horrors.
* Uncover hundreds of mysterious artifacts, powerful spells and epic weapons
* Every battle is a challenge - get ready to swipe or wipe
* Enjoy SoulSpark anywhere, anytime with snack-sized bites of card-chasing action
* Features amazing original artwork by renowned fantasy artist Steve Prescott

Device Compatibility
iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus
iPad 2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, Mini, Mini Retina, Mini 3

touchy85's comments:

SoulSpark - Battle Cards (RPG)

Copenhagen Creators
Genres: Games Card Entertainment Strategy
Free

Quote:
Gather your heroes and experience the magic of SoulSpark in heart-racing, spell-blazing, card-chasing combat. Enjoy one-minute warfare, anytime, anywhere on iPhone or iPad.

Game features:
* Free to play
* Experience intense real-time card battles - no waiting, no turns
* Customize your party of heroes and create your own unique strategy
* Journey through the world of SoulSpark on an epic quest to save the world from corruption.
* Make your way through dark swamps and treacherous mountains to face the darkness from beyond the void.
* Face hordes of sinister undead, merciless abominations and unyielding mechanical horrors.
* Uncover hundreds of mysterious artifacts, powerful spells and epic weapons
* Every battle is a challenge - get ready to swipe or wipe
* Enjoy SoulSpark anywhere, anytime with snack-sized bites of card-chasing action
* Features amazing original artwork by renowned fantasy artist Steve Prescott

Device Compatibility
iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus
iPad 2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, Mini, Mini Retina, Mini 3

Supported Devices:
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 120.6MB

03-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Game Impressions

03-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Wow it's out already, sort of. Card gamers should give this a go, it's got some unique mechanics. That and the devs actually are active with the community.
03-17-2015, 07:04 PM
^ Hey do you know if this is an online only card battler or a solo offline f2p? I'm going to have to make a new account to get this but if it's another online only collector I think I'll pass on it..

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
03-17-2015, 07:16 PM
So far it looks like a solo offline. I just started up in aeroplane mode and it worked. You can login on Facebook if you choose but I haven't yet and am able to play through the campaign (don't think there is anything else), while offline.
03-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
So far it looks like a solo offline. I just started up in aeroplane mode and it worked. You can login on Facebook if you choose but I haven't yet and am able to play through the campaign (don't think there is anything else), while offline.
Woot!

Thanks a lot. That really helped. Now to make an account. I guess it'll just be the few of us playing. Let me know if you're still liking it later. To be honest, solo card battlers are rare nowadays. They used to be popular in the early Appstore and they'd be fun to pick up and play anywhere.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
03-17-2015, 07:44 PM
To be honest, it's the break outside of the usual card battler mechanic that has me somewhat interested. But otherwise I'm not that into it. Battles at the moment for me are just a frantic rush of trying to get as much damage cards and healing cards out as possible. I don't really have time to stop and see what the opponent is playing. There isn't really time to stop and smell the roses in battle with this one. Which is why I'm thinking of suggesting a pause button to the devs kind of like how FTL works, where it's completely part of the game to be pausing constantly and strategising. They could build the game around that a little, though maybe too late. As it is, it's real time and cards have a cool down before they take effect. I'm somewhat interested but all card crazy's should give it a go.

Actually, explaining that mechanic has made me think of assassins creed recollection. Which this game isn't, but does share that real time card battler with cool downs thing. Man ACR, now that was good. What the hell ubi! Sorry, digression over.

Last edited by Talbs; 03-17-2015 at 07:46 PM.
05-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Released, FYI.
05-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Can someone explain the IAP? I want to remove ads, but will other IAP remove ads too?
05-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Really love the art work in this game.cthey are really beautifully drawn