★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: MAGENTA ARCADE is a finger-based top-down shooter brought to you by Long Hat House. Become a god! Your finger is a weapon, but also your greatest weakness. Know when to touch the screen to attack or retract to defend yourself!

The cycle of wishes is a sacred ritual for the people! It is where you give out wishes for them. During many cycles peace reigned in your lands, but everything changed when Ivo Magenta made his last wish. Now, disaster emerges, and you have to sleep until the next cycle. When you wake up, everything depends on you! Use your finger to shoot him and his minions down, the world's order is now in your hands! Literally!

German, French and more languages available! To change languages, check out the Languages menu inside Options!

Long Hat House is an indie developer studio based in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
03-18-2015, 09:04 AM
I have been playin games wit my toes. I have to get my fingers unsuperglued for thiz. Help!!

03-18-2015, 06:41 PM

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-19-2015, 06:11 AM
I don't get this forum sometimes. How has this thread not blown up yet? One comment and one video? Seriously? A shmup, where you're a diety...who shoots bullets out of his/her/YOUR finger...and no one seems to care? *facepalm*

The game's a blast (pun intended), btw.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-19-2015, 06:18 AM
The screen shots made me hesitating but the clever cut video sold me.

iphone talking: NO wide-screen support!!!

I'm pretty pissed of with those two dead black bars. My rant rating 1star.
Don't even want to talk about a possibly very cool and crazy game. Oh yeah, i was so exited for another shmup, i completely overlooked that Gamecenter is missing as well.

Edit: do you have a full screen version metalcasket? If not, why no info about this fact?

Last edited by Qwertz555; 03-19-2015 at 06:24 AM.
03-19-2015, 06:23 AM
The lack of Game centre doesnt ruin it though does it ? Not a show stopper, e.g. its not weird controls or that ?

Looks an interesting type of game, probably give this a go later. Got an iphone 6 but not too worried about black bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I don't get this forum sometimes. How has this thread not blown up yet? One comment and one video? Seriously? A shmup, where you're a diety...who shoots bullets out of his/her/YOUR finger...and no one seems to care? *facepalm*

Yep i admit i somehow missed this the first time, this is whats great about the forum, when people kinda say 'come on try it its great' and you look and realise you've missed a potential gem.

Just bought it and had a quick go, REALLY like it. Love the retro style graphics (surprised i didnt get it the first time just because of that). Looking forward to playing more later. Thanks for the thread bump !!

Last edited by psj3809; 03-19-2015 at 06:31 AM.
03-19-2015, 06:29 AM
The artwork got my attention, and Metalcasket's comment challenged me. I love this game. Once you get used to the finger weapon, you get going really fast. Normally I don't care about Game Center but this game is really screaming for it, hopefully it will be added in an update soon. Also, I think there is a bug with the high scores in-game. Mine is not recording. Either that, or it only records when you win the level, not after you die? Im not sure how it's supposed to work. In any case, well worth the 1.99.
03-19-2015, 09:18 AM
This is pretty good. A great idea for a mobile shooter....I love the dynamic of lifting your finger to avoid damage as if you were literally dipping your finger into the screen.

Looking forward to unlocking the remaining areas. So f I understand correctly each area is opened for endless high score chasing or are they levels that end of you last long enough?
03-19-2015, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post

I thought the same thing when I woke up this morning. I expected it to be at least a few pages long by the time I got up! This is a really good game!
03-19-2015, 09:44 AM
Looks fun, but stuck on loading screen on 5S 7.1.1.