★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Cosmic Explorer is a space adventure game in the vein of Oregon Trail.

In the game you get to choose your Captain and Crew. Then embark on one of twelve missions. The game then challenges you to make difficult decision on your quest to complete your mission and survive the harshness of space.
03-18-2015, 08:38 AM
Wonder what this is
03-18-2015, 08:39 AM
I'm totally besotted with this, at least in premise and visuals. Please be as good as I'm hoping!

Edit: Hmm, a little less enamoured after a short play. I was enjoying it enough, slightly light in strategy and the decisions aren't particularly taxing like FTL or Out There. The ads are disappointing in that you're offered the chance to watch one for some extra gold - not so much "pay to win" as "resist the urge to cheat".

Anyway, it was good enough to keep playing, until my captain died with absolutely no explanation and the game ended. I had plenty of supplies and it wasn't the result of the last choice I made. Another crew member died earlier and all it said was "Thier Name" and then "Died". That wasn't great but at least I could keep playing. Failure without explanation was a bit of a dampner on my enthusiasm.

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 03-18-2015 at 08:52 AM.
03-18-2015, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by Bloodangel View Post
Wonder what this is

Oregon Trail in space.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 03-18-2015 at 08:43 AM.
03-18-2015, 09:04 AM
I just hope my sister can wander off so it halts the voyage for 2 days or my brother catches cholera...