★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: REAL RALLYING IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND!
Realistic yet fun car physics programmed from real car telemetry! Experience rallying at its best, drift and kick up endless amounts of dust and snow!

RACE IN ALL CONDITIONS OVER LOTS OF TRACKS!
Race at night or day in rain or snow! 72 tracks each with unique surface types including snow, gravel, tarmac and sand!

EXPERIENCE THE THRILL OF RALLY CROSS!
Feel the rush by racing against competitive opponents across 36 tracks in the new Rally Cross game mode.

COMPETE WITH FRIENDS!
Connect to Facebook, compete with your friends and race against their ghost cars at any time you like. 5 game modes including turbo and roadworks make competition with friends even more fun!

CUSTOMISE YOUR RIDE!
A garage full of cars waiting for you! Tune and customise your car whilst you play!

FUN FOR ALL AGES!
4 Difficulty settings allows anyone to enjoy the thrill of rally racing.

OPTIMISED FOR TOUCH!
A control system designed specifically for touch devices mean racing becomes more fun and consistent, with the ability to scale,move and swap buttons to suit your needs.

EXPERIENCED DEVELOPER!
From the team members that brought you MotoGP, F1, Split Second, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed, GTi club+ and more!

DEVELOP INDIE SHOWCASE FINALIST 2014
Short listed by a panel of games industry experts in the Develop Indie showcase awards 2014.

ONLY ONE IN APP PURCHASE!
The game uses the concept of fuel, If you have fuel, you can race. Fuel is given to you every 20 minutes or for a small price you can remove the fuel restriction entirely! You can complete the game without paying!

FAST RETRO RACING AT ITS BEST! VISIT THE FAN PAGE:
http://www.facebook.com/RushRally

Brownmonster's comments:
Hi,

We are pleased to announce the release of Rush Rally on iOS, its free to download now on the iTunes store, 2 of use have spent a lot of our free time making a game with 72 tracks, 4 cars, and cross platform leaderboards all for a mere 40Mb download. The whole game also uses our own engine that has been a long time in the making, physics, vehicle dynamics, rendering all our own code.

Feedback most welcome as we are working on the next installment right now (which brings the camera into the car and behind the car instead of the retro cam of Rush Rally).

Thanks,

Ste

(We were behind Sonic and Sega Racing Transformed, Moto GP, F1 and Split-Second that were released a few years ago!)

We hope you enjoy it.

www.brownmonster.co.uk
www.facebook.com/rushrally
03-19-2015, 05:10 AM
Wow. Looks really nice! Downloading it now.

03-19-2015, 05:19 AM
Had a quick go, plays very well. Nice small download like you say. Impressed so far
03-19-2015, 05:27 AM
You're telling me only 2 guys made this? That's VERY impressive. I've only done 4 races and I can tell already I'm going to be playing this quite a bit. The graphics are wonderful, controls are spot on, and overall polish is way beyond what you'd expect from a team of just two people. This is great work, truly.

Edit: It works great on my iPhone 6 but crashes right after startup on my iPad Mini Retina. Is this something you guys are aware of?

Last edited by Grimstone82; 03-19-2015 at 05:29 AM.
03-19-2015, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
You're telling me only 2 guys made this? That's VERY impressive. I've only done 4 races and I can tell already I'm going to be playing this quite a bit. The graphics are wonderful, controls are spot on, and overall polish is way beyond what you'd expect from a team of just two people. This is great work, truly.
Thanks, and I also have two twin boys who are 3 years old, so it's been a bit of a slog . We have both been in the industry for over 10 years, and I started rush engine 4 years ago (basically written from the ground up with all the experience from other stuff I've worked on). Rush Rally took a year exactly from when we started it to release, and is out on Android too (you'll be able to see people in the world rankings who play android phones)
03-19-2015, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
Edit: It works great on my iPhone 6 but crashes right after startup on my iPad Mini Retina. Is this something you guys are aware of?
Damn, i have it working on my original iPad Mini here, i'll have to look into it, but thanks for the heads up
03-19-2015, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmonster View Post
Thanks, and I also have two twin boys who are 3 years old, so it's been a bit of a slog . We have both been in the industry for over 10 years, and I started rush engine 4 years ago (basically written from the ground up with all the experience from other stuff I've worked on). Rush Rally took a year exactly from when we started it to release, and is out on Android too (you'll be able to see people in the world rankings who play android phones)
I was just about to edit my post when I saw your reply. I think what impresses me most here are the physics. There's an arcade like feel to the handling, but you certainly feel like you're controlling a CAR. A ton of independently made racing games seem to struggle with that, and just don't feel like you're maneuvering a 3000+ pound hunk of metal around the track but I think you guys nailed it here. There's a very nice balance of arcade-ness and realism to the handling. And the fact that it's your own engine just makes it that much more impressive. I hope this game does really well for you, truly. That said, I just bought the IAP to show my support (which is also VERY FAIR, kudos for not overdoing it with the freemium IAP garbage).

Question- I just unlocked the second set of tracks and I'm still only doing time trials but from the screenshots you posted there are other cars on the tracks... How many time trials do I have to complete before I hit actual races?

Last edited by Grimstone82; 03-19-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: spelling
03-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Wow. Looks really nice! Downloading it immediately.

Pine Entertainment
03-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownmonster View Post
Damn, i have it working on my original iPad Mini here, i'll have to look into it, but thanks for the heads up
No problem. Just a minor hiccup, I hope!
03-19-2015, 06:00 AM
Ooh hello! Hitting the download button right now 😀