★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The starship Paladin is under attack! Aliens have invaded, and they don't seem interested in making friends.

Use your wits and your weapons to help your shipmates overcome the intruding menace. Unlock new units, master their abilities, and drive the alien scum off your ship! Don't get cozy, or you could be a meal for a giant space ogre.

FEATURES
- Challenging levels that will test your skills
- Fast-paced combat that will keep you on your toes
- Lots of units to unlock and play with
- A quirky, light-hearted storyline

Boardumb's comments:

03-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Looks amazing, nice find!

03-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Ooh. This looks good.
03-19-2015, 08:30 PM
I've now played three different games with the same Oryx space-themed tileset in the last couple of weeks (most recent one being this 2015 7day RL contender: http://7drl.org/2015/03/17/rogue-spa...sh-bugs-fixed/). They are nice though, i've got to admit. Too bad this isn't a roguelike.
03-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Hey guys! Developer here! I didn't realize TouchArcade was going to go ahead and create a forum thread for me... that was upcoming on my TODO list.

Thanks for the kind words NOEN and PeteOzzy! I hope you enjoy the game!

zen_mode: Wow, I didn't realize so many people were using that art set. It looks like my game's pretty different from those, at least.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to direct them my way!
03-21-2015, 08:53 AM
For those interested in this sortta thing, I wrote a pretty comprehensive post-mortem about the game. It goes through a lot of the development details. Maybe it's somebody's cup of tea?
03-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Glad I stumbled on this forum post. The App Store has some serious discovery issues...
03-21-2015, 12:24 PM
I had some fun with this one today. The first few levels i did were really easy but the difficulty ramped up when i met the alien mastermind. Took me multiple retries and some squad editing. Eventually i beat it with one unit who was down to 10 health. :P
03-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind words guys!

Quote:
Glad I stumbled on this forum post. The App Store has some serious discovery issues...
Any large store is going to have discovery issues. I was hoping to get some exposure through other venues, but so far it's been pretty quiet.

Quote:
The first few levels i did were really easy but the difficulty ramped up when i met the alien mastermind. Took me multiple retries and some squad editing. Eventually i beat it with one unit who was down to 10 health. :P
Yea, that guy's rough. I didn't intend for him to be quite so lethal, but after playtesting for a while, I liked the tension he brought to the battles.
03-22-2015, 06:56 AM
This sounds interesting. Turn based battler like the battles of an SRPG? More imps would be welcome.

What's the charging model? Is there an unlock of some kind? Ads?