★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mezopuzzle - your portal to the Mayan lore...

As a researcher of an ancient Mexican culture, you discover the wall, which displays mysterious Mayan drawings. But some bits of them, alas, were crumbled and mixed up ...
Your goal is to collect fragments of paintings and to reconstruct three beautiful Mayan legends. Each story provides another level of complexity.

Each level you need to put together 10 paintings and gradually recreate key moments of the legend plot. Blocks can be moved in any directions within the boundaries of the playing field - right and left, up and down. To optimize the game process you're able to slide few blocks at one time.
Picture by picture, accomplished paintings take their places in the row on the wall. The game is based on a real Mayan mythology! Maya enigmas allure you to the heart of Mezoamerica...

Features:
- 3 levels of difficulty and 3 various legends (30 unique puzzles)!
- 10 pictures to complete each level!
- Decent ethnic art and music!
09-16-2009, 10:34 PM
for every thread u make, do u buy the game?

09-16-2009, 10:37 PM
A slide puzzle with slight mechanical changes and a tedious, self-indulgent back story? Tryin' way too hard here.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-18-2009, 05:06 AM
I see nothing bad or boring in this game. There are few slide puzzles on App Store (Blocked, Unblock me), but this one distinguishes among them by its concept. I think that idea is not bad at all. I always analize apps by some points:

1. Concept - it's good here. Calm, meditative game, good stor, great style.
2. Art. Amazing!
3. Soundtrack. Music suits with gameplay. Playing, i feel that there are Mayan warriors around me and they will sacrifice me if I don't complete all pictures)))
4. Price. Guys, it's cool to get this game for $0,99. There are lots of games that costs more but are really trashy. Buck is almost gift. They write in press releases that after update Mezopuzzle will cost 3.

I'd give this game 4,5 stars from 5 - just because there's no limit for being perfect.
09-18-2009, 06:21 AM
I can't help but notice the conspicuous absence of gameplay in those list of talking points, which would be my primary criteria. Based on that alone: It's a slide puzzle. A slide puzzle! It's like trying to tart up Tic Tac Toe, only without the benefit of a second player: No matter how much crap you throw at it, it's still a freakin' 15 slide puzzle.

09-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
I can't help but notice the conspicuous absence of gameplay in those list of talking points, which would be my primary criteria. Based on that alone: It's a slide puzzle. A slide puzzle! It's like trying to tart up Tic Tac Toe, only without the benefit of a second player: No matter how much crap you throw at it, it's still a freakin' 15 slide puzzle.
Actually it has different shapes, which makes up for that.
09-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
Actually it has different shapes, which makes up for that.
Whoops, thought this was their other slide puzzle based on the same theme. Kind of easy to get them mixed up. Still though, my point stands (if not as emphatically as the same point made for their 15 puzzle).

09-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Whoops, thought this was their other slide puzzle based on the same theme. Kind of easy to get them mixed up. Still though, my point stands (if not as emphatically as the same point made for their 15 puzzle).
This one looks really fun to me, and their other game that is a 15 slider is free, so, yeah.
09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Talanted developers can take familiar gameplay and create something awesome on its ground. My first criteria is concept! Concept!!!
09-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Well Blocked was just a puzzle slider but had a great success in the app store. I think it's not just the game mechanic that's important in a game.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG