CivCrafter - by Naquatic (Incremental/Strategy)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #1 Naquatic, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Hey all! Staying Together wasn’t the only experimental game we had in the works. Let’s make it two in a row!

CivCrafter is a brand new incremental strategy game launching for free on April 2nd. Think Cookie Clicker meets Age of Empires. This one’s for all of you who like incremental games but wishes there was more to do than…well…increment.

Gather resources, build your civilization, command your people, grow your army, and battle other players online to steal their sweet, sweet loot. You can form a clan to combine forces with your friends, or go lone wolf if that’s your thing (looking at you, JCho).

My brother and I have had a ton of fun with this one, and we hope you do to. A few TA guys and girls have already started playing, but we’re offering promo codes to new takers as well. Just say the word!

Update (3/20, 6pm): Wow, I can't believe all the enthusiasm! Thanks so much to everyone who has chimed in! We still have a decent amount of promo codes, but the supply is dwindling a bit. By all means keep asking, but please note that at some point we'll need to start reserving codes for users with higher post counts. This will be very temporary, as we'll have a whole new batch of codes very soon. Also, I'll be traveling for a few days, so my brother Will (the other half of Naquatic) will be taking over! Please keep the requests and feedback coming. Plattyrhine, for one, plans to use the opportunity to push his pro-cat agenda.

Update (3/23, 7pm): You guys are awesome!! This is Will here, just wanted to update the OP to let everyone know that we now have a TEST FLIGHT build ready to go! This one includes some huge performance upgrades, as well as a couple new features, and a number of bug fixes. If anyone is interested, please just PM me your email address and I'll get you set up!

Small update (3/23, 8pm): thought I'd mention, EVEN if you've got a Promo Code version, this is a newer build (with aforementioned additions/improvements/fixes) so we would really love to get it in your hands to try out! Please don't hesitate to send me a PM or post here!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    :D

So I've been testing this and it's definitely one of the deeper games I've played in the clicker genre. The first thing that sets it apart is definitely the fact that there's not 1, not 2, but 3 things to tap!

There's a tap screen with three icons: an apple (food), a log (wood), and a rock (stone), which are your three basic resources. You can tap one at a time, 2 of them, all three. The only limit is your own dexterity.

The game gives me a bit of A Dark Room vibe, as you have to buy huts and build different buildings to house a growing population and assign them different tasks to increase your resources.

There's also a whole Army system which I've only scratched the surface on, so I don't have much info on that.

Definitely a good one (as with all of Naquatics stuff)

3. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #3 Platyrrhine, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    So I'm mostly into 3D games and the occasional platformer. Naquatic sent me a code and there was definitely some confusion on my end when I started playing. I mean tapping on apples is fun and all that but you do start to wonder why you're doing that. Maybe I should have paid more attention during the tutorial. Oh well, I figured it out eventually.

Fast forward an hour and I was hooked. It's been a couple days now... Still hooked. I'm dedicated to ruling the world with an iron fist and an army of cats riding dragons. Fear me.

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, it took me a minute to figure everything out, but once I did, that was it. I couldn't stop playing. I'm actually horrible at the game, but keep going back to it to try different things. Everybody keeps dying of starvation on me and I keep creating farmers to compensate their eating, but they all die in the end. Lol. Normally, I'm not into these "tapper" games. Tap Titans was cool for a minute, but it didn't hook me like it did to others. This game seems to be a lot deeper. It's got me hooked for sure though.

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Honestly, I came here planning to give feedback, but you said everything I would have wanted to and much more! Defiantly the deepest clicker game I've played :p

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

JCho said it all and I agree and concur. Although I'm not a fan of this genre, it does present itself as a typical Naquatic flavor, A+ Development. As with all their games, fair IAP is present, remove ads, and bundles.

Yes I am a fan, but only because of their level of interaction with their audience and honesty in the forums. Great job guys, although I am not a fan of the genre, I am a fan of Naquatic!

7. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thank you so much, JCho! This is a way better description of the game than my own, haha.

Can confirm the might of Platyrrhine's cat army.

Well thanks :). Haha, food is definitely at a premium early on. You'll get some upgrades pretty soon that'll help out with the production!

I can't thank you enough for giving it a try :)

Thanks a bunch Pocketnova!

8. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    A small public service announcement: people require food. I'm not going to name names (*cough* Pocketnova), but there have been some incidents involving mass death due to famine.

I'm going to add in an extra big notification for civilizations that are chronically food deprived, because sometimes those starvation warnings can get lost in the scroller. In the meantime, if any of you notice your people slowly dying off, make sure you have food!

9. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I have no idea what you're talking about *quickly disposes of many starved corpses in mass grave* ;)

10. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Meanwhile, Plattyrhine is arming cats with dragons...let's hope your two civilizations never meet in combat...

11. BaddApple

BaddApple Member

I'm hooked on Tap Titan this looks great. I'm on testflight if you need beta feedback.

12. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Absolutely! I've PM'd you a promo code

13. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Throw one my way too If you want ;) Air 2 8.1.2 will Probier some Feedback when i get around to it

14. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I would love to give it a go if you would like more feedback.

15. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    PM'd!

16. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    You guys and Foursaken just get mobile gaming. Really cool concept!

17. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hey friend! Thanks, I've sent a promo code your way in case you want to give it a try :)

18. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    This sounds enjoyable. Been playing tap Titans like crazy I'm hooked. They just updated and made the grind non existent - so something new would be welcome.

Is there prestiging like in TT or are the mechanics something different entirely?

19. Silthoras

Silthoras New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    That game sounds great. If more testers are needed i am on testflight and have the time and motivation to give feedback. :)

20. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    If theres any more promo codes, i'll take one too, thanks!