Rush Rally 2 (Accepting beta applications)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Brownmonster, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Is it worth me supporting manual gears?

1. Yes, but only for a Gamepad user

29 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Yes, its worth doing even for touch screen users

45 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. No, its a handheld game its a waste of time!

33 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Brownmonster

Brownmonster Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Software Engineer /Company Director
    England
    #1 Brownmonster, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    *** Beta applications closed, the game has now been submitted prior to release! ***

Hi All!

"Rush Rally 2 : Dirt" follows on from our success of Rush Rally. Rush Rally 2 will be the best and most realistic Rally game on mobile/tablet created by just two of us with a combined 25 years experience on racing games in the industry (Previous titles include Sonic Racing Transformed, F1, Split-Second, MotoGP...)

Features include loads of tracks (made from our procedural track generator), loads of game modes, 8 cars, championship modes, downloadable ghosts and online leaderboards (shared over ALL platforms), all in a sub 100Mb download size. We have also added tilt support, bonnet and chase camera modes, racing line helper, brake assists and handbrakes all requested by you the players!

And yes it will also be a PREMIUM game with none of this F2P nonsense, to give you a much better experience, this is a proper game for proper gamers :)

For anyone who is interested, send a mail to [email protected] and I'll see if I can add you to the iOS beta testers list (which will be available hopefully around July time). The more feedback on that the better really!

Enjoy the teaser and thanks!

Stephen

http://www.rush-rally.com
    www.brownmonster.co.uk

2. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Ok yeah I be interesting in the next one I will email you :)

3. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Oh I'm definitely interested! Just sent you an email.

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Email sent!! That's pretty awesome.

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #5 GPS, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    For some reason I can't get an email to send to you, but I am definitely interested in helping test the next Rush Rally, count me in for sure!!
    Edit: email just sent... I think :!

6. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    #6 fiskadoro, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    [deleted, wrong thread]

7. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Great stuff guys, I've got your mails and will add you to the list. The idea will be this. First i'll get a version with 1 rally nailed down and we will be focusing on mainly making sure it runs great on all devices, and of course making sure its still fun with the new physics and camera angles.

The main thing I need to add will be scaling the resolution of the 3d scene (which is already supported, but just needs some options exposing) because its clear that lowering the camera will have a bit of a frame rate impact without this.

Be assured you'll get an email when its ready, but be patient as we only get a few evenings a week to work on it!

8. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Got question will there be more cars :)

9. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I got a Testflight invite yesterday, but when I went to open it, it was expired because it was for the current game. I'm assuming that was just a mistake?

10. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Current Progress

Hi people,

Its been a while since i last touched base, we have made some good progress on Rush Rally 2. We've added ALOT of content, namely:

Damage, with persitent damage across stages, like the original Colin McRae Rally.
    Championship modes.
    SFX: Bloom, Lens Flares, Water, Skies.
    Track Gen update: Hill climbs and sea fronts.
    Racing line helper (changes colour with speed of corners)
    Braking assists
    Surface Transitions (See below, snow to tarmac)

Rush Rally 2 will be played either in bonnet cam OR Chase cam, no longer will it be top down, the cars are also the same speed as real life cars with the same power. I've attached a few screenshots to show the current progress, promo video to follow.

Of course all of this works lovely on android and iOS devices as it should :)

Ste

Attached Files:

11. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Yes, I'm going to be putting decals on them too hopefully.

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This is gonna be good! Looks awesome

13. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    #13 Brownmonster, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Cheers, I got a little bit side tracked whilst playing Rush Rally 2 tonight and decided to take a few video snippets and bash them together. Here is a teaser of what is to come, enjoy! :)

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    that looks really great. how do i sign up for the beta?

15. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Just send me your email address to [email protected] and I'll add you. Its still a month or so away yet because we simply went all out and made a rally game better than any others out there rather than just slightly improving the original!

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Holy crap, after seeing the vid this is AMAZING!!! Fantastic stuff

17. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Thanks, I just hope I can drum up enough hype so it doesn't just fall off the radar. It clearly has more features and plays better than anything else on the market at the moment but that doesn't seem to count for anything :(

18. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Overwhelming Support!

Thanks for all your Beta applications in the last few days, there has been an overwhelming response to the video that I posted, so I guess its time i really focused on getting this beast finished! Keep your applications coming as, once we are in beta, the more feedback we get at the early stages, the better the game will become!

You can follow any progress with the latest version of Ruah Rally on www.rush-rally.com (which should route you to www.facebook.com/rushrally at the moment), the more people who like this and put the support in, the better the final game will be when playing against each others ghosts!

I'm going to also post updates on here as well to keep you all in the loop, hopefully we'll have a preview on one of the top sites too as well.

Updates to follow in the coming days!

19. Brownmonster

Mar 19, 2015
    England
    Last night I had a play around with some decals, I think they will look quite cool once i get a full set of them on the car. Its going to be quite a bit more work though to support multiple colours on the car to get them looking more like proper rally cars!

Attached Files:

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Already applied for beta, so let me just say that video was fantastic! Great work! Can't wait!