★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Kickstarter] Genesis! - by Covenant Media

03-24-2015, 03:08 PM
[Kickstarter] Genesis! - by Covenant Media (Do not enter unless you are Christian!)

Quote:
Genesis! is an open-world, survival RPG mobile game where you get to build your own homes, fortresses, and villages. Think: Minecraft meets Prince of Persia.
Quote:
/.../If only RPG is your thing, we've got you covered; with storylines that'll continue on with expansion pack updates.

Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sis-mobile-rpg

Last edited by Primoz; 03-24-2015 at 07:34 PM.
03-24-2015, 03:22 PM
The marketing for this is all wrong. He should have done this as a pc game and then port it to mobile. Mobile games do awful on kickstarter.

03-24-2015, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
The marketing for this is all wrong. He should have done this as a pc game and then port it to mobile. Mobile games do awful on kickstarter.
There are quite a few mobile games that got more than this game's funding goal, so there is hope. The problem is that it's not really that original, since there are hundreds of such games already on PC, making it mobile makes it more unique.

Last edited by Primoz; 03-24-2015 at 03:37 PM.
03-24-2015, 04:03 PM
I've been lead tech for a few decent-sized games studios before and part of my job besides coding and running a team is budgeting and scheduling. The funding requested feels to small for an open world RPG with minecraft-like abilities.
03-24-2015, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafiz Pon View Post
I've been lead tech for a few decent-sized games studios before and part of my job besides coding and running a team is budgeting and scheduling. The funding requested feels to small for an open world RPG with minecraft-like abilities.
It's true that a lot of the developers set lower goals to reach them more easily, but later find themselves development hell. But this game has been in development for 2 years and the developers seems to know what he is doing.
03-24-2015, 04:38 PM
Looks good count me in if you need an testflighter
03-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesrooney27 View Post
Looks good count me in if you need an testflighter
I'm not in any way associated with this project, so don't bother. Besides this game still has to go a long way before it's even ready for an alpha test; if ever. The most you can do right now to make this game a reality, is to throw some money at their kickstarter campaign. If not that, you can at least spread the word about the project.
03-24-2015, 05:43 PM
This looks really good, what they show in the trailer is gorgeous.
Don't think they'll make it, though ... only 110$ so far?
03-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
This looks really good, what they show in the trailer is gorgeous.
Don't think they'll make it, though ... only 110$ so far?
Well, there is your mobile gaming community and it's support for quality games for you. I haven't really looked at games which goal was met and was way higher than this game's goal (the link I posted earlier) and it turns out that the most funded kickstarter mobile game is a match-3-puzzle game. This game really didn't have much of a chance at its start.

It's pretty sad because this really does look fantastic. Crafting, survival and mining for those who love that kind of stuff and exploration, story and all other RPG goodies for others. No idea who wouldn't like this game.
03-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Uhhh.... So this "update" was posted by the developer 6 hours ago...

Quote:
UPDATE: So last night, one of our clients offered to pay the entire Kickstarter amount to finish the Genesis! development, in exchange for our partnership. One problem: this client isn't Christian. So we said no./.../
Um...
Huh....
Why...
Uuuuuh....

My boner for this game simply dissapeared by reading those 3 sentences, sorry dev.