★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ready your gear and dive into a world of Awe Fishing!
Use lanterns as bait, cast your line and set your hook for fishing fun.
Start with a smaller fish and use it as a bait to catch the big ones.
Watch your line or fish may snap!

*Visit each of 4 Fantasy Oceans!
*Chase and catch 11 mysterious sea creatures on your fantasy journey
*Find legendary all-golden treasure chest
*Buy new ships and upgrade fishing equipment
*Beware of the dangers lurking in the deep!
*Play one of the two addictive game modes: relaxing Fishing mode or intense Starfall collect and avoid mode!
*Climb to the top of the Leaderboards!
*Listen beautiful music and gratifying sound effects while sailing through fantasy Ocean
*Enjoy polished and intuitive controls: Tilt to move, Tap to throw lanterns and cast the line.

Fantasy styled graphics, catchy soundtracks, gratifying gameplay and tons of Loot!
The Ocean is calling, Start your fantasy journey now!

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/fishingfantasy

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
https://twitter.com/gametailor

Don't hesitate to share your feedback and ideas!

Almakos's comments:

Quote:
Please check the gameplay video to get better idea about the game

Description:
Awe Fishing! Off The Hook (previously "Fishing Fantasy") is a dynamic Action/Adventure game that combines fantasy art style, soothing but fun gameplay and a relaxing aquatic journey.

Become a captain and sail 4 oceans to catch ultimate collection of mysterious and previously unseen sea creatures.

Fishing Fantasy offers two different game modes:
Fishing Mode: places you behind the wheel of one of 4 different ships. Catch fish and collect your reward
Starfall Mode: avoid falling bad stars and collect all the good ones before they sink

Features:
Soothing but addictive gameplay
Pretty 2D graphics with real-time physics
11 sea creatures to collect and display in private aquarium
4 ships to buy and upgrade
2 different game modes: Competitive Fishing and Starfall
Ridiculous amount of loot
Pleasant music and gratifying sound effects
Suitable for all ages
Game Centre Leaderboards

I would appreciate any feedback or questions and will be more than happy to answer all of them

Feel free to visit Fishing Fantasy Facebook page for updates as I am already working on updated version and planning to release it soon

3 (+1 now ) years of my life and tons of love were spent to make Fishing Fantasy

Sincerely,
Kostya
03-25-2015, 08:39 AM
It looks beautiful but I can't really figure out what the game play is like. Is it a one touch control game or is there more to it?

03-25-2015, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
It looks beautiful but I can't really figure out what the game play is like. Is it a one touch control game or is there more to it?
oh wow,...that's actually a great question...
Currently there is only one control scheme:
tilt your device to move left/right
tap buttons to control fishing rod and shoot lanterns...

You've raised a very valid point
I have to state that accelerometer is used to control ship somewhere in the game description

Funny,..I never thought about this
Thank you, klink! Thank you very much
03-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Oh Mr A. It's your game? I like buying games that are made by members here. Or guys who come here to talk. I'll buy it after work! I don't like fishing but the graphics look very surreal and your here! So we can discuss
03-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolicMike View Post
Oh Mr A. It's your game? I like buying games that are made by members here. Or guys who come here to talk. I'll buy it after work! I don't like fishing but the graphics look very surreal and your here! So we can discuss
Hey anabolicMike,
correct that's my game =)

Thank you for your interest. It does look a bit surreal and idea is to first light up fishes with lanterns and then using light as a bait catch small one and use it as bait to catch bigger and bigger fish. the longer chain - the higher reward.

Every time you run level moon phase will change. If it is full moon there will be much more fishes. Next level after full moon is starfall mode where you have to avoid touching red stars and collect all orange ones
Later you can unlock starfall mode to be played any time you want

p.s. I just like calling them 'fishes'
03-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almakos View Post

I have to state that accelerometer is used to control ship somewhere in the game description

Really?! That's the FIRST thing I thought about! Not always a fan of tilt gaming myself. I'm downloading it 'cause I love fishing, especially ocean fishing! I like to try to catch fish bigger than me, and that's a pretty hard thing to do in real life! Artwork looks great from what I've seen here, hope the game play is up to par!
03-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Really?! That's the FIRST thing I thought about! Not always a fan of tilt gaming myself. I'm downloading it 'cause I love fishing, especially ocean fishing! I like to try to catch fish bigger than me, and that's a pretty hard thing to do in real life! Artwork looks great from what I've seen here, hope the game play is up to par!
Hey bigrand1!
Thank you for your kind words
I am happy you liked graphics and I hope you will enjoy playing the game as well

It may seem a bit slow paced at first, but trust me it gets better.
I've spent many many many hours polishing the controls, so hope you will find them easy to pick up. Though I have plans to add alternative controls without using the accelerometer as I understand not many people like it.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance and have a nice day!
Cheers!
03-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almakos View Post

Thanks for information and congratulations on the release! I'm also not a huge accelerometer fan but I can see how it could fit into a fishing game.

Last edited by klink; 03-25-2015 at 03:15 PM.
03-25-2015, 03:08 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

03-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
The Gameplay:
YouTube: video
Hey redribbon,
First of all thank you for downloading Fishing Fantasy and a MASSIVE THANKS for recording and uploading a gameplay video.

I have watched the whole thing and it's a great joy to me seing others play
On the other hand it immediately indicated couple usability fails on my side, which I will address right away.

Quick advice #1 - be more generous with lanterns and try to chain-catch as many fishes in one go as possible. That will bring more cash and a higher chance to spawn bonus pickups.
Quick advice #2 - in starfall mode don't let any of the orange stars to sink

Thank you again for the gameplay video, it's been of great help!