★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Updates from Team Phobic (Bounce on and iTD Lite)

12-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Updates from Team Phobic (Bounce on and iTD Lite)

Hey All,

We have submitted our newest title, Bounce On, to the app store earlier this week. Bounce On was on the front page of Touch Arcade but the comments made it seem like we gave a wrong impression of being too easy. If you haven't already seen it, check out the preview trailer on youtube. If you think it looks easy, think again, we have several paths the user can choose to get through to get to the end, playing the harder levels as shortcuts and they are HARD.

Bounce On will initially come with the first world. We plan to add new worlds through free updates. The first world has 17 levels and each world should be around that size.

We have also submitted iTD Lite to the app store which contains the first level with two tiers of towers. Make sure to check it out if you haven't already played iTD.

Happy holidays to all!

Last edited by jonaswills; 12-19-2008 at 01:29 PM.
12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
kool sounds sweet

12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Any word on a pricing strategy? Small price for early adopters, and increasing price with every update?

Or full price introduction to make money from the early adopters, and use that money to justify the added worlds?

Will the extra worlds depend on how the game sells? Or would you say "Well one or two new worlds are already in the works so there will be at least one update adding new content"?

I already purchased Rolando, Frenzic, Dropship and Tiki Towers this week so I'm at my limit until after Christmas, but I don't ask this, somebody else will.

Stefan
12-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
Any word on a pricing strategy? Small price for early adopters, and increasing price with every update?

Or full price introduction to make money from the early adopters, and use that money to justify the added worlds?

Will the extra worlds depend on how the game sells? Or would you say "Well one or two new worlds are already in the works so there will be at least one update adding new content"?

I already purchased Rolando, Frenzic, Dropship and Tiki Towers this week so I'm at my limit until after Christmas, but I don't ask this, somebody else will.
The first mentioned is exactly what we are panning. After we add worlds the price will give up, but those updates are free for people who get the game early. The initial price is set at $2.99 which we think is very fair.
12-19-2008, 01:49 PM
i would love to beta test your new game send me a pm if your interested
12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaswills View Post
The first mentioned is exactly what we are panning. After we add worlds the price will give up, but those updates are free for people who get the game early. The initial price is set at $2.99 which we think is very fair.
Thanks for your reply
(I don't mean to turn this topic into a betatesting application form, but if you need people - let me know as well. But you test in-house, right?)

Stefan
12-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmwinkel View Post
Thanks for your reply
(I don't mean to turn this topic into a betatesting application form, but if you need people - let me know as well. But you test in-house, right?)
We do all our beta testing in house right now, but might consider it... I'll talk to the rest of the team. What we do want though is some exposure from new sites and would be willing to offer preview versions.

If we do decide to have external beta testing Touch Arcade will be the first place to know.
12-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Sounds good... I thought the ball lacked character though... maybe it would benefit form a pair of eyes...

Frighftully good
12-19-2008, 08:34 PM
sweet can't wait for another iTD update ^_^
12-20-2008, 11:36 AM
yes, more iTD maps/towers/everything!!! PLEASE! I'm addicted like crack!