★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fare City is an awesomely addictive game of chaos management. Do you have what it takes to keep your fleet of taxis running smoothly? Are you quick enough to earn those big bonuses? Can you stand the pace when one uninsured accident can ruin your day?

Welcome to Fare City: where the city never sleeps and the taxis rule the streets!

----------------------------------------
FEATURES

- Smooth and intuitive touch and drag controls

- Rich gameplay: two-ways streets; proper u-turns; wrap-around routes; emergency brakes; sophisticated bonus system; accident insurance

- 6 beautiful maps, each offering its own challenges:
* Downtown - the original urban grid
* Metrotown - the suburban district, complete with train
* The Maze - twisting roads and lanes to get lost in
* Harborside - escape to the country on the ferry
* Springfield - small town, nuclear power plant - for now it's just smoking
* Townsend - a river, a ferry, and a bus - what more do you need?

- 4 great game modes allow for different styles of play and difficulty:
* Rookie - for those who like to kick back and relax
* Classic - the original Fare City in all its glory
* Time Trial - a race against the clock to collect those fares before time runs out
* Crazy Cabs - an awesome new game that is simple to play but lives up to its name!

- 3 game speeds

- Game Center enabled:
* Online leaderboards
* Unlockable achievements

- Great jazzy style and soundtrack

REVIEWS

Appversity.com 5 stars EDITORS CHOICE
"The game looks beautiful and runs just as smooth"

AppVee.com: 5 stars
"If you enjoy line drawing games, this is by far my most favorite ... Check it out"

TUAW's Daily App
"excellent little line drawing game"

TouchReviews.net: 5 stars
"A terrific, fast and entertaining game"

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

EDIT: Impressions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
There is no denying that it is very similar in style to Taxi Jam but I noticed a few unique aspects (as well as hearing folk here point out stuff I missed):

-Score multipliers! Deliver multiple fares in quick succession to get bigger points (each fare was always 1 in TJ).
-Two lane roads! This should make avoiding collisions a little easier...but will it make things TOO EASY (will soon find out).
-More randomized drop off points! In Taxi Jam you could pickup folk from anywhere but always delivered them at one of 5 or so set positions, here it looks like you could be expected to deliver a fare anywhere on the map.
-Wrap around map! Not necessarily realistic but handy.

With all of these cool unique twists I didn't see anything like Taxi Jam's emergency vehicles (vehicles coming through not under your control) and I'm assuming only the one very generic map.

Lite version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=336106741&mt=8
09-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
any1 toft?

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

09-17-2009, 07:10 AM
This sorta looks/reminds me of Taxi Jam

10chars
09-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
09-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masmo View Post
This sorta looks/reminds me of Taxi Jam
Also Car Mania.
09-17-2009, 10:14 PM
where is the video?

Why do developers release their apps without supporting videos? It is the best way that they can market their product. Here we have a new game, that has a clean and impressive user interface, but no video. If the game is good, a video would make the sale. Sorry, I know it is only $0.99, but come on, make your app, make your website, make your video. You don't need a marketing degree to figure this stuff out.
09-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Hi guys, I'm the developer of Fare City. We were a little bit blindsided by Apple on this one. We were expecting around three weeks in the approval process but we got notification late yesterday that the game was approved (in under two weeks) and going live last night. We are still running to catch up!
So the first video is being posted now. Different game play videos will be coming over the weekend.
BTW, if anyone wants to review the game and needs a promo code just send a note through the contact page on our website.
Thanks, and I hope you like the game.
09-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Welcome to TA Finkly,

Cant wait for the video
The graphics look good, so all I need is the video to tip me over the fence

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

Last edited by Prab; 09-18-2009 at 02:43 AM.
09-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Your wish is granted. First video is on the website. We are still working on some decent game play videos...
09-18-2009, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkly View Post
Hi guys, I'm the developer of Fare City. We were a little bit blindsided by Apple on this one. We were expecting around three weeks in the approval process but we got notification late yesterday that the game was approved (in under two weeks) and going live last night. We are still running to catch up!
Great. Now the devs are blaming apple for reviewing their games earlier than expected. What next, you gonna complain why the hell did apple feature your game(if they do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkly View Post
Your wish is granted. First video is on the website. We are still working on some decent game play videos...
That video does look slick. Job well done with that trailer
I like the art style as it`s quite a bit different compared to most other disney-theme colorful games. Quite refreshing IMO.

Also next time you upload a video, make sure you upload it to youtube too as that can be easily embedded in the forums here.