Universal You Against Me

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rjsim, Mar 28, 2015.

1. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    #1 rjsim, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    Coming soon to your iOS device...

You Against Me
    [​IMG]

You Against Me is a game devised while rocking a sleeping child, tested on a homemade version, tweaked through countless games of battling brothers-in-law and developed by two strangers who met on Touch Arcade's message board...

Sporting a minimalistic design, You Against Me is a turn-based card game that blends elements of BINGO and Tic-Tac-Toe with Letterpress and Lost Cities. Players take turns trying to lock as many squares as they can by claiming and stealing numbers on the game board. It’s easy to learn and quick to play. The more you play, the more strategy you develop and the harder it is to put down.

Modes:
    • Feeling Social? Play against a friend on the same device using Pass & Play Mode!
    • Feeling Kind of Social? Play against a friend or random stranger Online through Game Center!
    • Feeling Anti-social? Play against one of the two computer difficulties!

Features:
    • Many achievements to achieve
    • Customize your appearance to fit your mood with different themes
    • Kicking tune that will get stuck in your head from Bensound

For more information, including more screenshots, rules and a tutorial video, visit the You Against Me website or follow on Twitter.

2. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    #2 rjsim, Apr 3, 2015
  3. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    #3 rjsim, Jul 21, 2015
    Promo Codes!

Promo codes have all been accounted for...

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This is really good. I hope it gets a lot of attention so there are more online players.
    Thanks for adding the AI option.
    Great visual style.

5. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Thank you for your feedback. We hope it gets a lot of attention as well! I've created some online games so I'm looking to play people!

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Fun game.
    I love the description you gave about making the game.

Admittedly, the only card game apps I'm used to, are solitaire and poker.
    I wanted to give this one a try because it was TA members that made it.

So.....'You Against Me'....
    Once you figure out how to play, it is quite easy and fun.
    You can play online, against local players or the AI.
    Just a tap of the finger controls everything you need.
    The basic goal is that you want to cover as many numbered spaces as you can with your cards. You can steal your opponents spaces, lock a space from the opponent and/or take the card they're about to use. Although, keep in mind, they can do all the same to you! Yikes!
    To play this game requires strategy.
    I would advise that new players, play the tutorial and/or read the directions first. Admittedly, the first time I played I was more then confused (although I won the game! LOL)
    So I stopped, read the directions, played the tutorial one more time and then... easy peasy.
    I am really enjoying this card game. I think it should be right up there with solitaire ( but for two players) in popularity.
    I am going to keep playing and practicing and then watch out.... Cause I just might be online waiting for you, to play against me, or me play against you, in a game of 'you Against Me' so that you or me can win 'you Against me'...... Huh? :)

7. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Thanks for trying it out and giving us your impressions. Looking forward to playing you soon...

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I started playing someone (maybe you?) and I got the little red notification, so when I open the app, and go to online it says it is the opponent's turn. I click on it, and it shows the move taken.

So when I move, it just resets to the previous turn again and won't register my move.
    It seems like it should be my turn but if it isn't yet, why would the notification pop up saying it is?
    Not sure what to do or if I am just misunderstanding.

9. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    I'm playing someone. If you don't mind, can you PM me your Game Center name?

10. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    If you go to the online menu, and it says it's the opponent's turn, you need to wait for your opponent to move.

Game Center doesn't always handle notifications or update the app icon reliably. Some features for turn based gaming have been known to break across IOS updates, too - for example, see:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30260801/bug-in-turn-based-multiplayer-game-center-in-ios-8-3

If you and opponent are playing at same time, the moment an opponent makes their move, your screen should be updated with an "it's your turn" announcement. But sometimes (rarely) those notifications never show up. When it's not your turn, you can tap the screen to replay the most recent move and belatedly fetch the opponent's move in case it was missed.

11. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Live demo streaming on Mobcrush starting around 4:30 today. Take a look at the game in action and ask some questions!