★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Randym Apps
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.3 MB
  • Version: 1.4.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Simple to play, challenging to master.

Top 100 in 19 Countries!!
Top 100 All Games in over 38 countries!!

Wouldn't you love to control stop lights, instead of stop lights controlling you?

Stop and Go is a new game for iPhone and iPod Touch whereby players control stoplights in order to get cars safely through the intersections and off the board. If you wait too long to change the lights, cars will start to back up. If the cars back up to the edge of the screen, new cars will push onto the level and cause crashes!

Cars range from slow, small blue hatchbacks and large yellow busses to fast red sports cars. Use the different cars to your advantage and create gaps in traffic to get a higher score.
You get one point for every car safely exiting the board, there is a checkpoint every 50 cars which can now be reset as well.

Additionally, cars can run out of gas, which can either allow a reprieve from the action or block your intersections!
The game has elements of strategy and action as players try to safely navigate cars off the board. The game features 3 levels, 2 additional downloadable levels packs, checkpoints, OpenFeint high score and trophy support, and cool retro graphics.

Dont worry if all of this sounds confusing, there is an in-game tutorial to show you how to play, including clicking on a light to change it from red to green, and how to touch and drag the gas can to refill a stopped car.

We hope you like Stop and Go. We worked hard on it and would love to hear any feedback you have, including bugs or feature requests.
09-23-2009, 09:24 PM
I just realized that I posted about Stop & Go, but never wrote anything about the game play or my opinion. This is one of those games that came out on Thursday or Friday of last week and totally got lost in the craziness of all the new apps that were released by apple.

Stop and Go is the best traffic time management game out there. I've played it quite a bit lately (and that's even after purchasing iBlast Moki, Boombrigade, and Aera this weekend).

Game play starts pretty simple and gets more complicated on the later maps. Like most (if not all) traffic management games your goal is to allow as many cars to pass through the map as possible by turning the traffic lights from red to green. The difference between this game and others like it is that the cars will crash into each other. If the cars crash the game is over. What makes it even more challenging is that if the cars at a red light get backed up off the screen, the cars behind will eventually push them into the intersection possibly into oncoming traffic.

Cars can also run out of gas causing backups and throwing off your groove. You must drag your finger from the gas can to the stopped car to get it going again.

The graphics are very well done and the length and speeds of the cars add to the already fun challenge.

All in all, it's a nice change to the other traffic management games out there and I'm having a blast playing it. I wish it had it's own music, however let's be honest, I'm just going to play my own music over it anyway. Check it out. It's a fun game. You won't be disappointed.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.

10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
1.2.8 update is out

What's new
Bug Fixes, and new version of Open Feint to fix High Score Bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
1.2.8 update is out

What's new
Bug Fixes, and new version of Open Feint to fix High Score Bug.

Anyone else played this game? It looks interesting. I am tired of all the traffic control games. This looks like it has more to it, maybe an arcade feel?
10-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Ah great. I love such games and this one had so much potential in it with all those unique maps but the only problem was the random crashes which made the game almost unplayable. Hopefully this update fixes those issues and the next one adds sounds also. That would make it perfect for me. Downloading the update now
10-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Ah great. I love such games and this one had so much potential in it with all those unique maps but the only problem was the random crashes which made the game almost unplayable. Hopefully this update fixes those issues and the next one adds sounds also. That would make it perfect for me. Downloading the update now
...yeah, I need the background sounds updated before I pick this one up again

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
now FREE

Quote:
Quote: