Create a new thread or update the original game thread?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by newtquestgames, Mar 30, 2015.

1. newtquestgames

Nov 18, 2014
    Manchester, UK
    Hi, can anyone inform me about how to do my next post about my upcoming iOS game without breaking the TA forum rules?

I originally posted about Man Or Goat in January 2015. I want to update the thread (or create a new thread) with a new images. Would this be regarded as bumping on TA?

As part of the thread update I also want to ask for beta testers.

Should I update the original thread with my new images and edit the title to say [BETA TESTERS WANTED].

Or should I post a new thread with my new media and ask for beta testers.

Also, would updating a thread bring it to the front page or would it stay where it is? There's no point updating a thread as far back as my original post if nobody will see it!

Should I update the original post and then reply asking for beta testers? Would that be ok?

Thanks

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm not a moderator, so this reply is not "official".

My advice would be to edit the original thread and then reply in that thread, so it gets on top. Having two upcoming game threads of the same game can be confusing. Necroing an old thread in the upcoming section isn't against the rules, especially when there is some new information on the development of it.

Oh, and contact a moderator to change your title, you can't do that by yourself as far as I know.

3. newtquestgames

Nov 18, 2014
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks I'll do that

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Use the original thread. It's only from Jan 15

A post asking for beta testers would bump it. I would also use beta testers with a few posts who are regulars. Not just 1 post newbies hoping to get a freebie