I found a $15 iTunes gift card.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I found it in the mall parking lot and now I'm looking for some games to buy.

I am looking for easy to play games that are pick up and play and off-line. I like RPG's and strategy games as well as many turn-based games. Any ideas? I only have 1 gb storage left on my mini.

BTW, I really couldn't return it, as there are about 500 stores in this complex. And if I had turned it in, somebody would likely have kept it anyway.

2. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Wow, what a situation. I think the iOS release of Talisman hits all your notes: a really fine RPG board game. You pick a character, travel around the board (turn based, as you say), kill enemies, collect gear, level up, go on quests, conquer the world -- all while competing with three other players (AI). Since a single game won't last you more than, say, three hours, and since there's no plot to speak of, it's really easy to pick up and play. The game autosaves, of course.

One problem is the price: at $7, it'll blow half of your card in one go. And although there's no consumable IAP, there are several one-time expansions that really add a lot to the game that run $4 apiece. Finally, there's no lite version, so you can't really try it out, either.

Really great game, though!!

3. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Well, I still have $13 left, so off I go to see about Talisman!

4. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    If you haven't bought it, just dropped in price to $2!

Lemme know what you think!

5. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    of course it dropped.... I paid full price.... have yet to play it.