★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Chain Rxn

09-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Chain Rxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Nope...my advice steer clear of all till you get chain rxn released for iphone.
since everyone was bitching about it - i released a version of Chain Rxn for FREE on the iPhone / iPod Touch. it has the identical scoring and gameplay as the original facebook version.. granted, Danny Miller did create the game and deserves credit - but, now there is a free version.

PS: for those who want to troll and post 1 star reviews; go play in your own backyard, boomshine and chain rxn are two different games based on similar concepts; there wasn't a decent copy of chain rxn, so i wrote my own.

http://www.mobile1up.com/chain-rxn/
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=327770683&mt=8

it's a freebie with ZERO ADVERTISING at all in it; so, we are not making any money by releasing this game (in fact, it has been a headache to get through the apple approval process).. enjoy it for free. sometimes, things should be free.. thousands of people are already enjoying it.

EDIT: Mobile 1UP has no affiliation with Danny Miller nor the developers of the Chain Rxn FaceBook game.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series

Last edited by Prab; 09-17-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: appinfo
09-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I could swear I played this game about 20 years ago...

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

09-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I could swear I played this game about 20 years ago...
... as missile command? some would argue its a variant of it. :P

// Aaron Ardiri
09-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Well yeah, Missile Command obviously... but I'm sure back in the day there were clones of Missile Command going around which were even more similar to Boomshine than that was.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Well yeah, Missile Command obviously... but I'm sure back in the day there were clones of Missile Command going around which were even more similar to Boomshine than that was.
i played boomshine; after playing chain rxn on facebook - it lacked the addictability that chain rxn had. kudo's to daniel tho, interesting idea, but surely not 100% original. it is obvious people like both versions; each to their own.. now a faithful, reproduction exists..

some say i should have charged for it :P it took me around 20 hours to write - so, i cannot justify the time/effort to charge for it.

// Aaron Ardiri
10-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Boomshine is the original and Chain Rxn is a rip-off clone with better scoring mechanics. Most rip-off cloners at least get some permission, where as the folks that "created" Chain Rxn did not. The game in this thread is not available, probably because the official Chain Rxn Facebook app is now available as an iPhone app "Chain Rxn Zwigglers" for $1.99

I refuse to support these criminals.

MAX 3D Artist in Training
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Boomshine is the original and Chain Rxn is a rip-off clone with better scoring mechanics. Most rip-off cloners at least get some permission, where as the folks that "created" Chain Rxn did not. The game in this thread is not available, probably because the official Chain Rxn Facebook app is now available as an iPhone app "Chain Rxn Zwigglers" for $1.99

I refuse to support these criminals.
High horse much. Games get cloned about a million times a day. So someone wanted to play a fun game on another platform, there wasn't one so he made one and released it for free, big deal. OH NOES! He must be a billionaire by now with all these stolen ideas he's got!

You said it yourself, the scoring was better. It was an improvement, that's how the world works, we take old ideas and expand on them to make them better. Now we're stuck paying $1.99 for a port of a free flash game. Boomshine wasn't totally original in the first place anyway.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
10-04-2009, 11:38 AM
says its no longer available in the US store...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
were you gonna get it?

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Yeah, as someone else mentioned, the free version is no longer available because there is now a paid version available for $1.99

link:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331701372&mt=8

It's #40 in the Top Paid Apps section

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.