★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Exciting new platformer that combines the action-RPG genre with hack 'n' slash gameplay. Magic Rampage features character customization and dozens of weapons to wield; from knives to magical staves. Each dungeon introduces the player to new obstacles, enemies and secret areas to explore. Search Bonus levels, strive in Survival mode, join forces with friendly NPCs and battle it out in challenging Boss fights.

Magic Rampage brings back the look and feel of the very best classic platformers from the 90's, introducing refreshed and engaging gameplay mechanics. If you miss platformers from the 16-bit era, and think games nowadays aren't that good anymore, think twice! Magic Rampage is for you.

Magic Rampage supports gamepads for even more accurate gameplay responsiveness.
03-31-2015, 01:01 PM
Sounds (and looks) awesome!!! An ARPG/platformer will hit the spot right now, nice find! Thanks Andy!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

03-31-2015, 01:11 PM
Out in the UK as well. Downloading now

Edit - had a quick go. Great find ! So far so very good. Platforming is good. Nice graphics. Controls are good as well

You can buy gold but I would call this a very light 'freemium' game. I'll probably buy an IAP just so the dev gets something.

Done 3 of the first few levels. Really enjoying this

Last edited by psj3809; 03-31-2015 at 01:38 PM.
03-31-2015, 01:41 PM
Thanks guys! Magic Rampage was formerly an Android exclusive, Touch Arcade wrote about it last month when it was reported that the game was coming to iOS. I haven't played the game yet but I'm glad it seems to be living up to expectations so far.

03-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Played the first stage and im TOTALLY IMPRESSED!! This is a great way to start the week for me

EDIT: 4 stages in, and i can confidently say this is a 5-star game.

Good controls, nice visuals in which your character changes appearance with each stuff you wear including weapons, the gameplay's pretty much spot on, the platforming, the puzzles, the RPG elements, all mesh so well to make this great premium title that's priced free.

That's right this is a premium game with no price tag. There are IAP options for more ingame money, but the game shells it out like christmas, and there are no timers to stop you from playing if you really need to grind, which isnt even necessary.

Just, do yourself a favor and pick this game up... Tis so good.

If there ever was a flaw, i'd say it lacks MFi support.... Which isnt even a flaw, but a desired addition to make a perfect game "perfectier"

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 03-31-2015 at 02:26 PM.
03-31-2015, 03:28 PM
I've been waiting for this to release on iOS. I played a bit on android and loved it.
03-31-2015, 03:45 PM
Requires iOS 8.1. Seriously? I'm out. I'm on 8.0.2.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-31-2015, 04:17 PM
Was wishing a great platformer rpg like this should be a premium title
03-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkit View Post
Was wishing a great platformer rpg like this should be a premium title
Don't worry. It's not a nightmare freemium game
03-31-2015, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Requires iOS 8.1. Seriously? I'm out. I'm on 8.0.2.
How come you haven't upgraded? Could under stand people on ios7 not wanting to due to jailbreak issues. Why not 8.02 to 8.2 ? Genuinely interested