★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[JP] Gothic Magic Maiden (Death Garuda) (by CAVE CO.,LTD.)

04-01-2015, 06:33 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
[JP] Gothic Magic Maiden (Death Garuda) (by CAVE CO.,LTD.)

04-01-2015, 06:36 AM
OMG

itīs here, i just thought about it a few hours ago.
Anyone mind to share their jap account with me?

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me

04-01-2015, 06:44 AM
I can't see the info yet but I wish this is a paid game. Apparently their F2P games are all online-only games. That's particularly bad on these types of games because they're more of 'pick up and play' games than many other genres.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
04-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I can't see the info yet but I wish this is a paid game. Apparently their F2P games are all online-only games. That's particularly bad on these types of games because they're more of 'pick up and play' games than many other genres.
Itīs free to download, the IAP in the store goes for 9.800 Yen.
Filesize is 56mb in the store, so my guess is it will download more after you start the app.

Feel free to add me
04-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
Itīs free to download, the IAP in the store goes for 9.800 Yen.
Filesize is 56mb in the store, so my guess is it will download more after you start the app.

9.800 yen??? That's too crazy! If someone can pay 9.800 yen for IAP then he can buy the console version
04-01-2015, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
9.800 yen??? That's too crazy! If someone can pay 9.800 yen for IAP then he can buy the console version
Well, at least you seem to get 550 "thingies" for that
But seriously, i canīt read japanese. I just opened the store page on iTunes to see if there is english language support, which sadly doesīt seem to be the case. But, i could be wrong.

Maybe Shawn has more info. Or do you understand japanese, too? I would appreciate every tiny bit of info as iīm a huge Cave fan, especially Deathsmiles.

Feel free to add me
04-01-2015, 08:10 AM
Just played a little... first thing: timers are there. Damn you Cave, another myth crumbled down.
The game seems quite decent, but no english text, the only english word is "downloading"... and btw, there are a lot of "downloading" times, not only the first time you open the app (which is 274mb), but also from one level to another. Not a good thing.
There are rpg's elements, like upgrading, levelling up, some sort of card fusions, etc... but I honestly couldn't understand anything in between all those ideograms...
Anyway, if you expected something like Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Bug Princess etc... you'll be disappointed: the gameplay here is very fragmented and you end up to navigate more the menus than actually play the game...
It also seems there are consumable items which you can buy with gems...
This is just a first impression, but as a fan of the aformentioned Cave games, I can only say this one is a huge disappointment right now...

FaceBook: Original Dex
GameCenter: OriginalDex
04-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
Well, at least you seem to get 550 "thingies" for that
But seriously, i canīt read japanese. I just opened the store page on iTunes to see if there is english language support, which sadly doesīt seem to be the case. But, i could be wrong.

Maybe Shawn has more info. Or do you understand japanese, too? I would appreciate every tiny bit of info as iīm a huge Cave fan, especially Deathsmiles.
I do speak Japanese and will have a look at it later
04-01-2015, 12:29 PM
*fingers crossed*

Kind of a Twinkle Star Sprites vibe? Hard to say. Need more data.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-01-2015, 12:46 PM
too bad cave stopped making games for English speaking people