★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: I really have to recommend Tiny Dangerous Dungeons to anyone who enjoys platformers or Metroidvanias.
TouchArcade, 4.5/5 starts

Pocket Gamer Silver Award
"A surprisingly fresh retro platformer, if you want to scratch a Gameboy itch, Tiny Dangerous Dungeons is well worth a look."
Pocket Gamer, 8/10

Hop into a classic Game Boy inspired metroidvania adventure with the little treasure hunter Timmy! Explore a huge dungeon, collect hidden power-ups and gain new skills to aid you on your quest! Can Timmy survive the tiny dangerous dungeons, and find the presumably huge treasure?

Based on the hit browser game, this extended edition contains adjustments and new content not seen in the original game, like a wider resolution, new game mode, more hidden upgrades to find, and completely new area to explore!

GAME FEATURES:
- Game Boy inspired, stylish and retro monochrome art style!
- Explore a huge, open dungeon! Solve puzzles, defeat creepy creatures!
- Collect loot! Find the hidden ability upgrades to open new passages!
- Game Center integration! Unlock achievements and compete for fastest completion times!

Andy C83's comments:

Tiny Dangerous Dungeons

Jussi Simpanen
Genres: Games Adventure Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$1.29 NZD

Quote:
Hop into a classic Game Boy inspired metroidvania adventure with the little treasure hunter Timmy! Explore a huge dungeon, collect hidden power-ups and gain new skills to aid you on your quest! Can Timmy survive the tiny dangerous dungeons, and find the presumably huge treasure?

Based on the hit browser game, this extended edition contains adjustments and new content not seen in the original game, like a wider resolution, new game mode, more hidden upgrades to find, and completely new area to explore!

GAME FEATURES:
- Game Boy inspired, stylish and retro monochrome art style!
- Explore a huge, open dungeon! Solve puzzles, defeat creepy creatures!
- Collect loot! Find the hidden ability upgrades to open new passages!
- Game Center integration! Unlock achievements and compete for fastest completion times!

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPadMini
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone5s

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.1

Download Size: 20.7MB

04-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Cant wait for this. Staying up till midnight for this one !

04-01-2015, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Cant wait for this. Staying up till midnight for this one !
Same here. I've been waiting for this all week.
04-01-2015, 07:54 AM
Wow... A metroidvania from the looks of things.

EDIT: Oops... didnt read the description. It is indeed metroidvania, and now i just want it more.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-01-2015 at 08:11 AM.
04-01-2015, 08:56 AM
So pumped for this.... Roll on 11p
04-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Where this would have been a pass for me, the word "Metroidvania" has me now wanting to purchase this tonight where initially I had zero interest in this, even after watching some prerelease video of gameplay where it never mentioned it being such...
04-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Woh, out in PH already! Downloading now!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Definitely really good! The jump may feel a little floaty, but it isnt bad. Somehow the gameboy look isnt as impactful to me as i hoped it would be, but the gameplay is where this game shines.

One thing though, i got the map, and it doesnt look like a very huge map (in approximate proportion, it feels like a bout a third of Traps N Gemstones map). There is one area to go through that's goes off outside the map area though, so im guessing there may be more to this.

This could also use some MFi controller support for some improvement.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-01-2015, 12:28 PM
04-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Just picked this up. Enjoying it. Poor placement of the jump button far right though. Pretty good game overall though