★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** App Store: Best of 2015 ***

"Mind-altering" - WIRED

"Like going through the Star Gate in 2001: A Space Odyssey" - Pocket Gamer

"Prompts players to ponder how they think" - National Post

"A Beautiful Space Opera" - Kill Screen

"A feeling of awe in everything you do" - Gamezebo

"Minimal and Seductive" - The Creators Project

"Stylish and Breathtaking" - AppAdvice

"A new gaming experience that breaks the mold" - Apple'N'Apps

"Uncharacteristically comfortable with the unknown" - Pocket Tactics

"One of the 15 Most Imaginative Games" - Apple

JOURNEY BEYOND THE STARS
Last Voyage is a cosmic adventure through space and mind in 10 unique chapters. Go through psychedelic portals, solve abstract puzzles, explore grand minimal forms or race against the stars. A science-fiction experience unlike any other game.

THE DESIGN
A cinematic game with stunning movie-like graphics, each chapter is visually unique and explores an original concept with completely new game mechanics.

THE MUSIC
60+ minutes of original soundtrack to heighten your sense of wonder. The soundtrack features a variety of genres and has been tailored to every movement on the screen. Best experienced with headphones.

PHILOSOPHY
Last Voyage is a game about space that is not about spaceships but rather what lies beyond our culture and technology. A game where you don't master a single task but rather explore a range of concepts. As a result, the levels are sometimes mysterious, and other times very direct. Sometimes completely still, and other times moving at the speed of light. While these chapters form a continuous narrative, you are constantly surprised with new ways to interact as you seamlessly transition from one chapter to another.

Andy C83's comments:

Last Voyage

Semidome Inc.
Genres: Games Adventure Puzzle Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$1.29 NZD

Quote:
LAUNCH SALE - 50% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME

JOURNEY BEYOND THE STARS
Last Voyage is an adventure through space and mind in 5 unique chapters. Go through psychedelic portals, solve mind-bending puzzles, explore grand minimal forms or race against the stars. A science-fiction experience unlike any other game.

THE DESIGN
A cinematic game with stunning movie-like graphics, each chapter is visually unique and explores an original concept with completely new game mechanics.

THE MUSIC
40 minutes of original soundtrack to heighten your sense of wonder. The soundtrack features a variety of genres and has been tailored to every movement on the screen. Best experienced with headphones.

=======

"Mind-altering qualities" - WIRED

"It's a fascinating combination where you really don't quite know what's going to happen next." - TouchArcade

"Abstract, minimal, sci-fi inspired" - Pocket Gamer

"This multi-chapter cinematic trip utilizes calming, borderline psychedelic images to carry you through its weird world." - Gamezebo

=======

PHILOSOPHY
Last Voyage is a game about space that is not about spaceships but rather what lies beyond our culture and technology. A game where you don't master a single task but rather explore a range of concepts. As a result, the levels are sometimes mysterious, and other times very direct. Sometimes completely still, and other times moving at the speed of light. While these chapters form a continuous narrative, you are constantly surprised with new ways to interact as you seamlessly transition from one chapter to another.

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone5s
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone4

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 69.7MB

04-01-2015, 11:53 AM
This looks ambitious and awesome. Looking forward to trying this tonite.

04-01-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm really surprised this only has one comment; given how much we like to complain that original games are dead, you'd think we would get behind something as creative and unusual as this. Looks great, on the purchase list for tonight without a doubt.
04-01-2015, 12:24 PM
I have no clue what's going on here, but I'm buying it.
04-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm really surprised this only has one comment; given how much we like to complain that original games are dead, you'd think we would get behind something as creative and unusual as this. Looks great, on the purchase list for tonight without a doubt.
I'll get this as soon as I get to a Wi-Fi spot. Our dorm has a 100 Mb/sec internet connection, but no Wi-Fi haha
04-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I have no clue what's going on here, but I'm buying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
I'll get this as soon as I get to a Wi-Fi spot. Our dorm has a 100 Mb/sec internet connection, but no Wi-Fi haha
Will definitely appreciate impressions! I imagine it's something best experienced first hand but just a basic idea of whether it's worth picking up would be great, cheers guys
04-01-2015, 03:32 PM
So happy you guys are interested!

The surprising nature of Last Voyage is one of the highlights of the game so we've tried not to reveal too much. I can tell you that gameplay-wise some people categorize it as 5 unique games in one and these 5 chapters combine to form a continuous journey through space.

We can't wait for you to get your hands on it and hear what you think!
04-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Reminds me of Duet, just that this appears even more outlandish.
Will definitely take a look once it's available in Europe.
04-01-2015, 04:18 PM
04-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Wow. There is no way I can resist this one! It looks stunning.

Oh, I just realized that Semidome did Kotoro, which is some of the most fun I've ever had with my iPad! Now I am chomping at the bit for Last Voyage to come out here. So much for going to bed early!

Last edited by Valentia; 04-01-2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Go, Semidome!