★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ngmoco ads in games

12-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Ngmoco ads in games

I was disappointed to see ads in Topple, Dropship and Rolando. I realize this is a way to market their games but on paid for apps this method should not be employed. Freeverse did the same thing recently and due to the feedback, they created an option to turn the ads off.

Please Ngmoco, provide the same option. They spoil the polish of your elegant work.
12-19-2008, 05:17 PM
free apps = dont care
paid = i care

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

12-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Agreed it gets really annoying.
Its like Rescue Angles, Grrrr that pissed me off

"Insert generic signature here"
12-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Ads in topple/rolando?Where?
12-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSanta View Post
Ads in topple/rolando?Where?
The latest updates on all the Ngmoco games have ads on the main menu page.
12-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I also hate how there is a start button on rolando...

You tap it and right under it there is a link to a mini browser to the ngmoco site...

Then to actually start you have to tap the next start button... which is next to a "tell a friend" button. If you tap the tell a friend button by accident you are kicked out of the game and taken to the mail app. You have got to be kidding me
12-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Ad? That NGMOCO logo isn't an ad. It's a link to their site. Most games have links to their sites. It would be different if they were ads to different games, but it's just their website.

I really don't mind. I do find it strange that they have a "tell a friend" link smack-dab in the middle there, though. I've never clicked it on accident, but I still think they should've put it in the "more" menu.

Check me out on Tumblr or Follow me on Twitter
12-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
I also hate how there is a start button on rolando...

You tap it and right under it there is a link to a mini browser to the ngmoco site...

Then to actually start you have to tap the next start button... which is next to a "tell a friend" button. If you tap the tell a friend button by accident you are kicked out of the game and taken to the mail app. You have got to be kidding me
They have that start button so you can play with the Rolandos on the main screen without the other menu items in the way... I'm pretty sure.

Check me out on Tumblr or Follow me on Twitter
12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
I noticed this, too, and it really turned me off. For free games, it's acceptable, but not on a paid game. However, I think this is a reaction to the low prices currently being charged on the App Store. Companies feel like they're giving things away at too low of a price, and therefore they're trying to get more money by advertising.

However, I think this sort of strategy can backfire. For example, when I saw an ngmoco ad on one of their paid applications, it annoyed me and made me less likely to buy future applications. For example, I definitely feel less inclined to buy Dr. Awesome. (I was always going to buy Rolando because I've been waiting for it forever, but I'm waiting a while longer because I don't like to reward bad behavoir.)
12-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post
The latest updates on all the Ngmoco games have ads on the main menu page.
You are talking about the little ngmoco logo that redirect to their site....this isn't ads man -_-"
useless thread.