★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Busy Roads [Working Title]

04-04-2015, 03:12 AM
Busy Roads [Working Title]

Traffic jams are a part of life in my city. One day, while I was waiting for the intersection to clear up, I came upon this idea wherein you are the one who is controlling the lights. I let the idea simmer on for about a month & last week I started building a playable prototype. The prototype is fun to play & now I am polishing it and creating a full-fledged game out of it. This thread will act as devlog of sorts wherein I will showcase my progress & ask you guys for feedback. I hope that when complete, this game will capture everybody's attention and make me an overnight millionaire

My Tools:
Unity3D
GIMP
Inkscape
Audacity

Here's a screenshot of an early build:

Last edited by pkMinhas; 04-06-2015 at 12:31 AM.
04-07-2015, 01:45 AM
Spent the last couple of days polishing the UI. Working on day & night cycle now. Screenshots soon!

04-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Can you post more screenshots? I can't understand if there is only a screenshot.

Pine Entertainment
04-07-2015, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Can you post more screenshots? I can't understand if there is only a screenshot.
You control the traffic lights. It seems from the screenshot that you have to make sure that the ambulance passes the intersection quick and safely, while also making sure that the traffic jam doesn't get too big.

I just hope that there will be "help the thief" kind of missions (Italian Job style). That'd be cool

Last edited by Primoz; 04-07-2015 at 02:48 AM.
04-07-2015, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
More screenshots coming soon. I am polishing up the game a bit, will post more shots as soon as I have good looking frames
04-07-2015, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
You control the traffic lights. It seems from the screenshot that you have to make sure that the ambulance passes the intersection quick and safely, while also making sure that the traffic jam doesn't get too big.

I just hope that there will be "help the thief" kind of missions (Italian Job style). That'd be cool
Thank you for explain more about the game, dude. It will help me keeping my eyes on this game now.

Pine Entertainment
04-07-2015, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post

Spot on! You control the lights & manage the traffic and give special preference to emergency vehicles. I didn't have any 'help the thief' missions in mind till now but it sure sounds fun. Brainstorming time!
04-16-2015, 07:03 AM
Man! Creating the UI is such a cumbersome task. Spent the last couple of days creating the auxiliary screens for unlocking new cars, browsing through the existing collection. Also, spent a chunk of my time on integrating 3rd party services like Everyplay and Unity Ads. Hopefully, I should have a playable build & good looking screenshots available by the end of this week.Thanks for reading
04-29-2015, 07:23 AM
Slow & Steady wins the race

Hello everybody,
Need your feedback regarding the main menu UI. Does it look too busy? Do the buttons look good?

04-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Whilst I think the buttons are fine, I would look to polish them up a little. The play icon on the button isn't centred and the 2 and 3 on the podiums are in the wrong order on your leaderboards icon. 2nd place on a podium is usually higher than 3rd :P The minimal art style is great, got strong Crossy Road vibes from this.