★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: CH4 Productions
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Test your logic skills in the spookiest puzzle game out there. Haunted Mirror Maze includes more than seventy levels of this unique puzzle made popular on The Griddle. Find the ghosts, zombies, and vampires running amok in your hall of mirrors.

Features Include:
- more than 70 puzzles, with more on the way
- 6 different puzzle sizes
- tutorial pages
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM

Possibly obscure to non-Canadians and anyone under 25.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

09-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Looks interesting. How challenging is this puzzler? 30+ levels is too few for 1.99 price if they are easily solved.
10-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi guys, I'm Dave. I created the puzzles and graphics for this app.

The puzzles range from easy to difficult depending on the size. There are 4 sizes in the current edition of the app:
  • 5 of the training size levels
  • 10 each of the other sizes
We've submitted a new version to Apple that adds 10 or 15 new puzzles and improves the help/tutorial screens, plus improves a few more things that people were looking for. It should be out by about Halloween. After that we're working on a release that will improve the in-game menus and will come with 20-30 additional puzzles.

I hope these tid-bits help anyone thinking abut purchasing the app!
10-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davmillar View Post
Hi guys, I'm Dave. I created the puzzles and graphics for this app.

The puzzles range from easy to difficult depending on the size. There are 4 sizes in the current edition of the app:
  • 5 of the training size levels
  • 10 each of the other sizes
We've submitted a new version to Apple that adds 10 or 15 new puzzles and improves the help/tutorial screens, plus improves a few more things that people were looking for. It should be out by about Halloween. After that we're working on a release that will improve the in-game menus and will come with 20-30 additional puzzles.

I hope these tid-bits help anyone thinking abut purchasing the app!
I can't find your game in my store. Is it available internationally?
10-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
I can't find your game in my store. Is it available internationally?
It should be. I could have sworn that my partner in crime mentioned some sales from other countries besides the U.S.

Before I go ruffle some feathers, I ought to make sure: You've tried the iTunes link in this thread, right? Or perhaps try the one over at http://www.thegriddle.net/haunted and see if that works for you. If not, I'll see what the deal is.
10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I did try the link and the one from your website. It's not available. :/

Currently, Archon Conquest and Cobra Mobile's Dots are also missing from our local store and possibly also missing in all the appstores in asia. Very strange. They sometimes appear weeks later, but in the case of yours and those two games I mentioned, I've been waiting and waiting...
10-23-2009, 08:33 PM
It's available to me now.

This is a pretty cool logic puzzle of mirror trickery. It's in the same category as minesweeper. You have to use the number clues and mirror positions to mark where the monsters are.

Some screenies of the help screen should give people more clues as to what the game is about.

Thus the puzzle screen:

What kind of monsters and how many are indicated at the top of the screen. The slant white lines are mirrors. The numbers denote what you can see when you stand at those positions.

If you put your finger on one of those blank squares, you get a pop-up which allows you to select the monster to be placed there.

If you got everything right, you are told that you have solved the puzzle. You can press the Errors button to see what you did wrong if you get stuck. (It'll just tell you which placements are wrong.)

Couple more help screens:

This one's about how to spot a ghost. For zombies, you can see the monster from the front and also in reflection of a mirror. For vampires, you can see the monster but it is not reflected in a mirror.

Cool if you like logic puzzles.
No timer.
Saves your progress and current state when you exit.
The game is soundless but you can listen to your ipod music.

Needs more puzzles, soon. (It will take a while to solve the 5x5 and 6x6 puzzles , they are quite challenging. )

Last edited by Ravenblack; 10-23-2009 at 08:53 PM.
10-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Price dropped to 0.99USD and levels added in the latest update. Give this a try. Lite version available.
11-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
It's available to me now.

Needs more puzzles, soon. (It will take a while to solve the 5x5 and 6x6 puzzles , they are quite challenging. )
We will be adding more puzzles soon - we just got kind of sidetracked and had to get the new version out before Halloween. The next update should have at least 20 more puzzles - possibly more

Also, if you have any suggestions or if something bugs you, let me/us know.