★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Maf
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 13.7 MB
  • Version: 1.11.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Tetris meets scrabble - Rainy Word is beautifully designed and very addictive word puzzle game.
Feel the special and beautiful word game.
Letters in rain drops fall into your bucket.
Find words and remove it.
Some rainy words have special powers. Find them and see the magic!
Keep calm and play this game in rainy day :)

Updates!!
- Game Center Achievements
- Statistics : Now you can record your play data
- My dictionary : You can see all words you've found
- Score System Changed : Now long words get higher score
- Tutorial : You can see the tutorial in setting screen
- Rain Drops gain rate increased
- Dark Block rate is decreased a lot

Features
- Simple and beautiful visual word game
- Beautiful ambient music with rainy sound
- Addictive fast-paced game play
- Challenge with other players via game center
- Collect rain drops and buy items

If you find a bug or have something to tell us about this game, please drop a line at mafmafltd@gmail.com

mafgames's comments:


Tetris meets scrabble - Rainy Word is beautifully designed and very addictive word puzzle game.

50% OFF for limited time!!!
Feel the special and beautiful word game.
Letters in rain drops fall into your bucket.
Find words and remove it.
Some rainy words have special powers. Find them and see the magic!
Keep calm and play this game in rainy day

Download Link : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rainy-word/id977555161?l=ko&ls=1&mt=8

Free Version Link : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rainy-word-lite/id975985475?l=ko&ls=1&mt=8

Features
- Simple and beautiful visual word game
- Beautiful ambient music with rainy sound
- Addictive fast-paced game play
- Challenge with other players via game center
- Collect rain drops and buy items

Hope you like Rainy Word

Youtube Video Link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk7LVnQwGNY
04-07-2015, 10:32 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 37

04-07-2015, 10:35 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,919
04-07-2015, 10:50 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 37
There will be an update soon!
-Achievement
-Statistics
-Dictionary
Please keep eyes on Rainy Word
04-07-2015, 01:04 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 332
i am enjoying this game but one question, how do yoy clean out those darken blocks??
04-07-2015, 01:44 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevencarla View Post
i am enjoying this game but one question, how do yoy clean out those darken blocks??
Yea they can ruin a pretty good run. Maybe those special features below but I don't want to use them to find out.
I had one letter on the board & lots of dark blocks & more kept coming. Too bad because I was making words like mad. It kind of throws a monkey wrench into it. Probably by design but there should be a way to remove them so you can keep it going. I hated to see my run come to an end only because of the darkened boxes & not because I couldn't find any more words to make. Even something like a 4 or 5 letter word removes 1 block. Anything!

I also wouldn't mind a sound made when you have an acceptable word & the word point total next to the word as you make it. So I can see how many points it's worth now & I may look for a way to add ER or ING or an S to get more points before I submit the word.
04-07-2015, 02:04 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,913
All redeemed.
I have a lot of word games, but, I will purchase this one if I see some good feedback from a couple of people.
I like the minimalistic look.
04-07-2015, 02:34 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
All redeemed.
I have a lot of word games, but, I will purchase this one if I see some good feedback from a couple of people.
I like the minimalistic look.
Try the lite version. It sold me in 2 mins.

Note my thoughts above are only a few things I have seen in other games that I've become used to or think are helpful. They in no way change how I feel about the game. I'm really enjoying it.
04-07-2015, 04:33 PM
#9
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn View Post
Yea they can ruin a pretty good run. Maybe those special features below but I don't want to use them to find out.
I had one letter on the board & lots of dark blocks & more kept coming. Too bad because I was making words like mad. It kind of throws a monkey wrench into it. Probably by design but there should be a way to remove them so you can keep it going. I hated to see my run come to an end only because of the darkened boxes & not because I couldn't find any more words to make. Even something like a 4 or 5 letter word removes 1 block. Anything!

I also wouldn't mind a sound made when you have an acceptable word & the word point total next to the word as you make it. So I can see how many points it's worth now & I may look for a way to add ER or ING or an S to get more points before I submit the word.
You're correct about the icons at the bottom. The icon with the cloud and lightning bolt removes the black blocks. I'm not sure how I feel about the cost of getting more once you run out though. They will cost you 500 raindrops (the games currency it appears) for 5. I guess it depends on how fast you accumulate them during gameplay.

Edit*....... You get one raindrop per word you spell.
04-07-2015, 07:24 PM
#10
Are there other color themes besides pink and white?