★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Save Wonderland once more from the zombie hordes!!

The world of fairy tales has been overrun by a plague of bizarre zombies that wander along surrounded by a lovely yet pungent smell. Back to his hometown after a long time, Momotaro (from the Japanese tale "The Peach Boy") encounters these pests and finds himself forced to solve the issue.
Armed with powerful weapons, Momotaro will meet through his adventure the most popular fairy tales of the world, as well as allies who will help him to finish off the craziest and loveliest zombies you can imagine.

Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is completely renewed!

Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX has not just many in common with its last version PLUS but also a lot of improvements and new features:
Its visuals have been completely overhauled. Characters, scenarios and visual effects now have a more brilliant and updated look.

There's also a greater amount and diversity successful predecessor of enemies. They're more intelligent, and they even interact with their surroundings: They now destroy the scenario as well, and they don't hesitate to use its elements to attack you.

Stage structures and concepts have been designed bearing in mind the perspectives and proportions in order to make the most of the size and high resolution retina screen of your iPhone 6. You can still destroy them, but their destruction is now even more of a show.

The game's 2D cinematics show us the plot in a story like manner as we advance, and some new and dynamic events will surely surprise the players during the game. In addition, its nifty camera will help us to dive deep into the battle against the relentless zombies.

Its soundtrack has been improved, and features new themes for every cinematic, as well as new effects, enemy voices, shot sounds and explosion sounds!

touchy85's comments:

Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX

Akaoni Studio
Genres: Games Action Arcade Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$6.49 NZD




Quote:
Save Wonderland once more from the zombie hordes!!


The world of fairy tales has been overrun by a plague of bizarre zombies that wander along surrounded by a lovely yet pungent smell. Back to his hometown after a long time, Momotaro (from the Japanese tale "The Peach Boy") encounters these pests and finds himself forced to solve the issue.
Armed with powerful weapons, Momotaro will meet through his adventure the most popular fairy tales of the world, as well as allies who will help him to finish off the craziest and loveliest zombies you can imagine.


Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is completely renewed!


Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX has not just many in common with its last version PLUS but also a lot of improvements and new features:
Its visuals have been completely overhauled. Characters, scenarios and visual effects now have a more brilliant and updated look.

There's also a greater amount and diversity successful predecessor of enemies. They're more intelligent, and they even interact with their surroundings: They now destroy the scenario as well, and they don't hesitate to use its elements to attack you.


Stage structures and concepts have been designed bearing in mind the perspectives and proportions in order to make the most of the size and high resolution retina screen of your iPhone 6. You can still destroy them, but their destruction is now even more of a show.


The game's 2D cinematics show us the plot in a story like manner as we advance, and some new and dynamic events will surely surprise the players during the game. In addition, its nifty camera will help us to dive deep into the battle against the relentless zombies.


Its soundtrack has been improved, and features new themes for every cinematic, as well as new effects, enemy voices, shot sounds and explosion sounds!



















Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5c
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone4S
  • iPad3G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPadWifi
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone-3GS

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.1.1


Download Size: 206.9MB


04-08-2015, 05:37 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,574

04-08-2015, 05:50 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 3,244
This looks pretty cool. What's your take on it touchy?
04-08-2015, 06:00 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
This looks pretty cool. What's your take on it touchy?
It should be quite easy to find some impressions; the game's been out for over three years as this is a retouched release.
04-08-2015, 06:01 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
This looks pretty cool. What's your take on it touchy?
well, its too early to tell. But people might want to try Zombie Panic in Wonderland Plus first, its free and very similar.
04-08-2015, 06:13 PM
#6
Gameplay and art style looks very intriguing to me, but i'm definitely not quite sure if i could fall in love with that music, or if i simply find it horrible...?

Read touchy's post in time...i knew it looked familiar and that i played it before. Hmm...a lot of titles today, wish-listed for the moment.
04-08-2015, 07:16 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: on the internet
Posts: 1,547
I got the original and then paid for the full game and my impressions? meh. graphics are okay it's tilt controls if I remember you tilt to move left and right and swip around and stuff to shoot. you can shoot zombies and the environment for extra points? and then you move on to the next level. and boss fights but the original had IAP like continues and different characters and weapons not sure about this one.

im a rpg loving kind of guy
04-08-2015, 07:32 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,761
What I want to know is whether it is like the original version where all of the levels and characters are hidden behind $20 or more of iAP.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-08-2015, 08:08 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Monster Hunter Island
Posts: 5,170
I absolutely loved the original. I'll have to look into this to see what the difference is.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
04-08-2015, 08:10 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
What I want to know is whether it is like the original version where all of the levels and characters are hidden behind $20 or more of iAP.
If you look in the App Store, it shows you this game does not have IAP.

But I really don't understand your comment. The original game was free with a variety of IAP that let you basically pay what you wanted for various parts of the content. Including "one time premium unlock" IAP, which everyone is always clamoring for. I just don't see the problem. You can pay $17 to get EVERYTHING in the game if you want to. Or you could pay zero and still basically play the entire game, albeit with ads and limited continues. Or find something in the middle that you're comfortable with. Again, I don't see the problem.

If it was simply a $17 game with no IAP, would you have even said anything? Would that have somehow been better than having it available in a piecemeal fashion?


People wonder why developers have to create scummy free to play games, and this is the reason why.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA