★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Earth is doomed! As you pilot the prototype fighter, Weapon-F through the debris of your vanquished escape shuttle you come to realise that you are the last human alive. You alone must take on the army of reptilian monsters responsible for the destruction of humankind. You alone must carry out your final mission... Revenge!

Spanning vibrant locations to a monster soundtrack, Power-Up thrusts you into battle with a diverse range of fighters, freighters and titanic level guardians. If you loved the retro SHMUP classics that defined the genre, you'll get a kick out of Power-Up's slick, detailed visuals, challenging gameplay and impressive arsenal of weapons.
04-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Reminds me of Soldner-X...might have to check this out!

04-08-2015, 10:51 PM
No relative touch control?
04-08-2015, 11:17 PM
How is it played?

Pine Entertainment
04-08-2015, 11:37 PM

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

04-09-2015, 06:06 AM
My most anticipated title this week is a huge let down...(hey, maybe only me)

I start to think i'm the only one (as with many other games), who is annoyed by the way, way too loud music compared to the sfx sounds. Here, i don't even see an option to mute the music!
Hey Devs, please, a shmup without some big "OMPH's" is...is...this souldn't feel like a quiet zen-puzzle.

The game is constructed around the working joy-stick, so it won't obscure your sight. Working controls? Not enough for my likings. The default ship moves relativeley slow and even on easy mode you're surrounded in no second...maybe i'm spoiled by relative touch controls, and this game needs a lot of get used to the default (only!), but sorry, in a such a strong release week, i simply won't take my time to get used to them.

It's a pity, because there are quite some strategic weapons to your disposal right from the start. Shoot backwards, sideways, normal, triple, blast, force field, powerups to pick up...look at the screenshots, what you see is what you get. Unfortunately, music doesn't make an atmospheric shmup, crash boom bang makes it, but there is none.

Edit: probably much better played on ipad mini and up, since i hardly can see some of my bullets.

Edit2: in all fairness...i couldn't let go and the more powerups i picked up (choose the weapon before you pick them up!), the better i saw the bullets on my 5s. I beat the game on easy mode (normal, hard, psycho). Somehow there seemed to be an endless ship supply, not sure if this will remain in further modes (i doubt it, but that's only my guess). With these controls though, i also doubt i could ever finish the game in another mode. And...due to the credits, this seem to be a one-man-show. Alone for that, it's actually quite impressing, because i clearly can see the talent, the thoughts and the love that went into this game. But again, sorry, i can't recommend it with the current controls, i would get tarred and feathered.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 04-09-2015 at 08:10 AM.
04-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Hi Qwertz555. Thanks for your feedback. We will look at increasing the SFX for you with the first update.

The ship upgrades its speed as you play through the level and collect the (S) power ups. Because of this mechanic (From the original game) we were unable to implement relative touch movement into the game.
04-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Hi Rick!

I was editing my post, i didn't see yours. Yep, i also forgot to mention the speed powerups. Of course, they help maneouvring the ship everytime a bit better, but still...

Most games still don't offer two volume sliders for the music and sfx sounds, so it seems to be a difficult coding thing, no given thoughts, convinced their music is top, or they simply ignore such an important option. (Seems through many threads it's only my own problem with it, can't help myself)
04-09-2015, 08:54 AM
I think it was just an over sight on our part. Sometimes when you have been working on something you can't see the woods for the trees. We are looking at upping the sfx volume now for the next update though.
04-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Rick_PlayingWithGiants View Post
I think it was just an over sight on our part. Sometimes when you have been working on something you can't see the woods for the trees. We are looking at upping the sfx volume now for the next update though.
It's very good to see the dev coming here and listen to the gamers, I want to get it but to be honest, the gameplay should definitely feel better (from what I red), I'll keep it on my radar and might get it soon (I was looking for a game like this), let's see some more impression first