★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Download Magic Shot, the experimental French Billiards game

More than 2700 unique levels :
- Easy to get, hard to master
- Lift your day with some colour therapy
- Enjoy the peaceful and evocative journey of "Meditation", the expert highscore chase of "Purity" and the frantic hypnosis induced by "Insanity".
- Amazing electronic music created by Renaud Bédard using LittleBits

Based on traditional French Billiards, players have to touch both the yellow and red balls with the white cue ball, in a single shot. But If only it was that simple! The table morphs after each successful play.

Download it now! Pay once and play forever !
No in app purchase

Handcrafted in London by Nerial with music by Renaud Bédard

Twitter : @MagicShotScore
04-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Magic Shot (by Nerial)

Hi,

So that's it, our little crazy billiard game with morphing tables is out!

Here is the trailer...

Youtube link | Pop Up

This one is also worth a look :-)

Youtube link | Pop Up

And a last one!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hope you enjoy it! Can't wait to see who will be the first to finish Meditation...

François, gamedev of Magic Shot

Last edited by nerial; 04-09-2015 at 08:56 AM.

04-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Haven't had a chance to play much but first impressions are all really positive. Sort of like Desert Golfing for billiards with a (crazy) geometry twist. Recommended.
04-10-2015, 08:27 AM
The three different modes are all awesome and supremely well-designed. Controls are precise and the visuals are elegant. Meditation mode is based around the abstract shapes of cities, or at least design elements associated with those cities. I think. Maybe the levels are just named after cities. Either way, it's cool. Purity is high-score mode with limited shots. Insanity limits the time you have to score points, with the 'table' morphing faster and faster as time ticks down. It's trippy. There are even more design details I'll leave to be discovered.

I'm really surprised this hasn't received more attention. Fans of Desert Golfing, Golfinity, billiards, physics-based (and geometry-based) gameplay, and excellence in game design should get this yesterday. It's good.

PS
I think there's a duplicate thread a few pages back (started by PeteOzzy). It'd be cool if the two threads were combined to avoid confusion.
04-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback! Yes sure, we should merge the two threads. Who could do that ?
I didn't spotted the post from PeteOzzy, sorry about that.

The game was out only yesterday, so it should pick up from here (we have some coverage happening already).

François Alliot @nerial

Game dev of Reigns, Devouring Stars and Magic Shot
04-10-2015, 10:49 AM
I already had my eyes on this, since i'm a passionate billard player (in any form) myself.

This game wasn't out when i made my BIG shopping tour this early thursday. So what's another three bucks, right?

Though, the Devs have to wait for ordering another drink, since i first have to buy a new app-card tomorrow.
04-10-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm in London, so a pint is like $8. I fear you may have to convince two more people to play the game.

Hope you will like it.

François Alliot @nerial

04-11-2015, 01:47 AM
Well, I haven't seen a Guise singular game of the week nomination since Desert Golfing, which is still the best game of last year, so I've just downloaded this little beauty now. Unfortunately, I'm off on holiday round about now so I can't try it out til later but properly looking forward to this. If Quertz likes it too, it's almost likely to be a real bobby dazzler.
04-11-2015, 02:16 AM
Hope you will enjoy!

Magic Shot has been featured as Best new game on USA and Canada store!

Note that the "Rate this game" button doesn't work in the game (it's the sort of thing you discover when it's too late!). Update is being reviewed but in the meantime, thanks for the people who leave reviews through the App store, means a lot.

François Alliot @nerial

04-11-2015, 03:54 AM
You can order a big 1/3 pint, bought.