Hey Shaun musgrave!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by speetz, Apr 10, 2015.

1. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    So I just have a question; first off tho, thanks for TA! I love it and have always had the app, since I first got an iOS device back in.... Well hell I dunno, it was 09 but I don't think there was an app yet XD love the site, and most of the community! Lol

Anyway, I am also really into politics. I happen to be on YouTube and was watching an interview with a VICE correspondent who specialized in dealings with FOIA, or the freedom of information act. People were asking questions, and one of the Skype questions was from none other an Sean Musgrave, who they said ran another site (the name escapes me) that helped people with their FOIA requests.

So I am just curious, since this is all in the realm at least of journalism, if it is the same Shawn? And also, I am curious about the site, if anyone has any details. Thanks in advance! And sorry if I am spreading light on a pseudo secret, the curiosity got the best of me! :)

Edit: and I think I spelled Shawn every way I could because I can't remember how he spells it XD sorry lol

2. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    I dunno, Shawn lives in Japan I think

3. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Hi! It appears you have encountered one of my alternate universe selves. There was a tear in the dimensional rift a few years back when I tried to microwave some tomato soup that had non-dairy powdered cream in it, and a whole mess of Shauns, Shawns, Seans, and even Shons slipped out. We hunt each other on the regular, and the last of us will be crowned Prince Of The Multiverse, so we all keep on our toes.

Here is the Shaun Musgrave who I am: Former SEGA-Otaku (1998-2000) editor, former IGN Dreamcast/Xbox freelancer (1999-2001), former contributor to the short-lived Video Games Underground US strategy guide magazine, former contributor to Ziff Davis's Pocket Games magazine, author on a couple of psychological research papers that I'm not going to link here, the guy who had his letter printed in issue #75 of Spider-Girl, and the TouchArcade dude what makes with all the words and the RPG stuff. I exist on Twitter as @ShaunMusgrave where I'll follow most anyone, and on Facebook which I keep limited to close friends and family only. I still use a Hotmail account because I never quite understood the Googles. I come from Northwest Ontario, Canada, live in Japan, and like Spider-Man and curry rice, but not together. Married, with one son who is already smarter than I'll ever be.

Here are the Shaun Musgraves who I am not: That dude who works for LG Mobile in the UK, the journalist who asked about the FOIA, the field construction manager at TELUS in Canada, the Boston Magazine writer that is an editor at MuckRock, and especially not any Seans/Shawns/Shons. Though we will meet on the field of battle one day, for now they are just nice folks who are likely annoyed at my recent domination of the search results on Google.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I thought the Sean/Shawn difference shows instantly its not the same person ?

5. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Well, I'll be damned.

[​IMG]

6. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Is this the Shaun from the highlands of Scotland?

7. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Greatest post ever.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #8 Vovin, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Basically Shaun In A Nutshell.

I'm always amused, 'cause you're also "Everybody's Darling" at toucharcade. :)

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    There's only one Shaun Musgrave, the rest need to be Terminated.

I'll be back. #

10. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Nah, it's more of a The One kind of thing. The more he eliminates the stronger he becomes. Go TA Shaun, kick some Shaun ass!

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    "I am Shaun! I am nobody's bitch. You are mine. I don't need to know you. You only need to know me. I will be The One!"

I'm pretty sure the game Ziggurat was based on the ending of The One.

12. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I just remembered I made this thread hahaha.

Thanks so much for the detailed response! It was by chance I ran into another Shaun musgrave but so weird that there are so many of you, other dimensional or otherwise. I don't run into that with a last name like Speetzen, even tho my first name is very common.

But thanks for clearing it up! Sure made for an interesting thread. :)