★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Word Connect is out! (FREE for one day)

09-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Word Connect is out! (FREE for one day)

Connecting letters and making words in a new way, it's full of fun! Here comes the full version of Word Connect - an addictive word game!

The rules are simple, you just need to use the given letters to make words, as many as you can, but the letters must be placed in a single line. The words you made should have the minimum size of 3 letters. (In the Four Limit game type, you must made words with at least 4 letters)

Each round you'll get seven letters, each letter must be inserted into the line. Once you've made a word, the letters that made up the word will be lighted up. A game round will be ended when you inserted all the seven letters, then the words you made will be calculated. Try to make more words in a round. If you lighted up all the seven words, you'll get score bonus.

In the full version, there are three types of Word Connect game included:

1 - Endless. Play as long as you can, try to beat the highest score!

2 - 50 Rounds. Play for 50 Rounds to see how much you can get.

3 - Four Limited. You must made words with at least 4 letters, this is endless, too.

One thing more. There is an automatic saving function implemented. So you can just close the game and continue to play next time. But when you continue playing a saved game, the saved progress will be cleared, new progress will be saved when you pass current round.

So, let's make some words!

The full version features:
--------------------------

* Online global leaderboards and achievements plus Facebook and Twitter integration, courtesy of OpenFeint.
* Four leaderboards to challenge.
* 18 achievements to be unlocked!
* Automatic save game progress.
* Sound and background music support.
* Smooth animation.

Just enjoy the game!

Lite Version
Sale Version

If you want to review the game on appStore, please ask me for the promo code.
09-18-2009, 04:40 AM
wow, I love the ark work
alrough it's not my type, but I do like the design

09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Thank you fwish. I know that word game are not everybody's choice. But I bet that lots of players like addicting word puzzles.
09-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Looks very interesting, PM sent.
09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursrule View Post
Looks very interesting, PM sent.
PM sent, too.
09-18-2009, 10:24 PM
The more I play this, the more I like it. I do have a question for you though, would it be possible to show the highest points possible per round?
09-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm an avid fan of word games, but sadly there haven't been too many that I've been completely impressed with. Really hoping this makes the cut, it looks sensational!
09-18-2009, 10:41 PM
@Windburn -
I agree - there are very many word games that I have that I like for various reasons - I still am looking for one that I just like to come back to on a daily basis.

This one looks really nice - I am wondering how the mechanics work- do you underline the letters to spell? Or touch each one in a row? I think that the implementation of how that is done will be a key factor in how fun this is..

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursrule View Post
The more I play this, the more I like it. I do have a question for you though, would it be possible to show the highest points possible per round?
It could be, but the combinations are too complicated, so, it will interrupt and halt the game for a while.

I'll dig into it. Thanks!
09-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
@Windburn -
I agree - there are very many word games that I have that I like for various reasons - I still am looking for one that I just like to come back to on a daily basis.

This one looks really nice - I am wondering how the mechanics work- do you underline the letters to spell? Or touch each one in a row? I think that the implementation of how that is done will be a key factor in how fun this is..
Just slide your finger, the letter will move, when you release your finger, it'll be inserted into the line. You could try the lite version first.