★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mega Drift is the racing game thats all about drifting. Grab the wheel and keep the race alive by reaching the next checkpoint before the timer runs out. As the game progresses your drifting skills will be tested to the max!

AWESOME DRIFTING ACTION!
Unique controls just tap and hold to start drifting
Tear up the tracks in exotic locations drift through abandoned mine towns, mysterious jungle ruins and more
Lots of cool cars ranging from muscle cars to trucks to buggies all upgradable to give them increased top speed, toughness and boost power
Tons of missions to complete and crazy bonus vehicles to unlock
Enter into fierce competitions against your Facebook friends

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA; includes in-game advertising; collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details); contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13; allows players to communicate via Facebook and Game Center; to disable see the settings in-game.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.
04-15-2015, 07:27 AM

04-15-2015, 08:00 AM
I was gonna say "i like how this looks" while watching the video, until i got to the "watch an ad to extend 6 seconds?" part. That's basically an ad in the middle of one play session. Sadly, i'll have to skip this.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-15-2015, 08:50 AM
I've been waiting all week for this one. Bummer to here about the ad thing, but I'll try it out anyways and leave some imps.

Kind of off topic:
I was just scrolling through the Chillingo section looking for this game and it was like a stroll through Memory Lane. Chillingo has made so many good games since the AppStore opened up. I remember when they were releasing like a game or two a week and just about every game was great! I dont know if the whole F2P thing is what changed all that, but I really miss it.

Last edited by NOEN; 04-15-2015 at 09:16 AM.
04-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Oh dear

Was looking forward to this until I saw the game running. It looks like it plays like a three-lane endless runner and having ads for time extension... Sigh! I will scream my protest by not even downloading this.

Now Playing: This War of Mine | Motorsport Manager | Hearthstone
04-15-2015, 09:33 AM
So, I'm giving this a go right now and..........it's actually not too bad! A little more "casual" than I originally expected, but I'm still digging it. It's got a cool one touch control scheme with some light tilting action. Lots of cars that you can buy and upgrade, I think it's 4 different areas to run on. Supports GameCenter and Facebook for leaderboards. I will say that I'm sick of seeing sink or swim's face though. Lol. He's crushing me on the leaderboards.

Definitely worth a try!

UPDATE: I just notice that there is an IAP to remove ads for a buck and with this only having one currency and no timers, that would make this a premium game. Pretty cool because this is actually a decent game.

Last edited by NOEN; 04-15-2015 at 10:48 AM.
04-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I just notice that there is an IAP to remove ads for a buck and with this only having one currency and no timers, that would make this a premium game. Pretty cool because this is actually a decent game.
That's good news! After reading EP's post about the ads interrupting you mid-game I was totally turned off to this. I was bummed because it actually looks really cool. I'll certainly give this a try when it's released in the US.
04-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
That's good news! After reading EP's post about the ads interrupting you mid-game I was totally turned off to this. I was bummed because it actually looks really cool. I'll certainly give this a try when it's released in the US.
It's not really an ad that pops up mid game really. It's just when time runs out and your within so many feet of the finish line, a thing will pop up and ask if you want to watch an ad to ad an extra 6 seconds on the clock. It only happens when your super close to the finish line and time runs out. Other than that, it's just the usual ad here and there in between races. I'm really happy with how this was made. They will definitly get my dollar once it's released stateside. I've been going back to this game all day.
04-15-2015, 05:23 PM
So far in my first couple of minutes, this is almost unplayable on my Gen 5 touch.. Choppy, freezes,and crashes... What I've seen looks ok, but I haven't actually been able to do a full run yet
04-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
So far in my first couple of minutes, this is almost unplayable on my Gen 5 touch.. Choppy, freezes,and crashes... What I've seen looks ok, but I haven't actually been able to do a full run yet
I had it downloaded on both my iPod touch 5th gen and my iPhone 5 (both running iOS 8) and played them side by side for comparison. Of course the iphone 5 ran smoother and seem to load faster, but I was still able to play on the iPod without any major issues. It studdered a few here and there, but nothing really bad. I do know that before I fired the game up, I did a quick reset. I tend to do that before I start every game for the first time anymore, but I played it on my iPod for quite awhile and besides the occasional hiccup, it ran ok. Hope this helps GPS! I've been having a lot of fun with this one so far.