★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 4.5 out of 5 stars on Touch Arcade!
"While iOS has a lot of really fun smaller-scale games in this genre, Rex Rocket is a rare example of a huge, fully-formed action-adventure game that doesn't make any compromises in its design. It's long, packed with secrets, and has plenty of optional challenges to keep you busy for quite a while."
- Shaun Musgrave

ABOUT
Rex Rocket is a 2D platformer that has old-school and younger gamers alike praising its challenging gameplay, gorgeous pixel environments, and awesome power-ups. Toss in a catchy chiptunes soundtrack with some quirky dialogue (warning: random references aplenty!) and you've got yourself one of the most memorable retro-inspired indie games!

STORY
Be a space hero as either Captain Rexford or Rexanna! Your scientific transport mission takes a turn for the worse when the ship's AI goes rogue and releases all the deadly bio-engineered specimens. With the help of close friends, hidden power-ups, and powerful weapons, you must blast your way through a host of aliens and machines to take back control of the S.S. Montana before it's too late!

FEATURES
Gorgeous pixel art graphics with over 100 hand-crafted ship rooms!
One of the catchiest retro soundtracks by Saskrotch!
Collect tons of new weapons, upgrades, info nodes, and more!
Filled with difficult bosses and platforming sections!
04-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Been waiting like crazy for this one 👾👾👾

04-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano1084 View Post
Been waiting like crazy for this one ������
Yeah, me too. I was waiting for you to make a thread but didn't see one, so I posted it. For some reason the AppStore is giving me a link that won't work with the info=all coding.

Edit: and I can't get Google to throw me the right link either, so I guess I wait. Oh and 688MB installed file size.

Last edited by ojtitus; 04-17-2015 at 09:13 PM.
04-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Yeah, me too. I was waiting for you to make a thread but didn't see one, so I posted it. For some reason the AppStore is giving me a link that won't work with the info=all coding.

Edit: and I can't get Google to throw me the right link either, so I guess I wait. Oh and 688MB installed file size.
Yeah I've tried posting before and always have issues.. So happy this is out.. I really hope this sells well
04-17-2015, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Yeah I've tried posting before and always have issues.. So happy this is out.. I really hope this sells well
If you are on a computer and can post a native AppStore link, I can put in the coding. Apparently since I recently updated to iOS 8.2 in prep for the next Rodeo Games Warhammer game, the AppStore no longer gives me an link but it gives that little bit of info on my first post with the link. Yeah, I hope it sells well but being iPad only is really going to limit the user base but I can see why they made that choice with the amount of screen taken up by controls.
04-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Right, same here.. Yeah I haven't owned a computer in 3 years (since I started using an iPad).. Buying a Mac in a few months or I might just wait a bit and buy a steam machine 😁😁😁.. So have you played yet? I'm about to get home and download this bad boy
04-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Holy Crap, looks friggin mean! Good find guys! There is a vid on the App Store, crazy good and can see why the file size is large, looks like 60 fps gameplay! Buying now!

Edit: search Rex Rocket: Mobile. Sorry would post a link but on my iPad. Also, iOS 5.1 requirement, and yes iPad only

Last edited by sugimulm; 04-17-2015 at 10:22 PM.
04-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Right, same here.. Yeah I haven't owned a computer in 3 years (since I started using an iPad).. Buying a Mac in a few months or I might just wait a bit and buy a steam machine 😁😁😁.. So have you played yet? I'm about to get home and download this bad boy
Yeah, I fired it up for a minute to run through the intro and it's going to be a fun fight to survive.
04-18-2015, 01:29 AM
Ipad only ? Damn. That's pretty rare for a retro style platformer. I'll wait. Hopefully itll go universal

Must have missed that post saying its ipad only ! Strange decision for a platformer to be ipad only though. Loading out on lots of potential customers

Last edited by psj3809; 04-18-2015 at 01:34 AM.
04-18-2015, 01:36 AM
I'm having a complete blast with Rex Rocket.Its finally here!!!!
I'm about 40 minutes into it and the controls seem pretty good. This is a complete must buy for any platformer fan. This is a pretty hardcore metroidvenia megaman-like game. Somehow I predict Carter will review it and give it only 3.5 stars. lol

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker