★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Onyxx Design
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ********** ********** ********** **********
#9 on Top 100 for Family Games!
#11 on Top 100 for Puzzle Games!

As featured on www.iphoneapplications 'Best' list!

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! Version 1.1 is here and includes:

-New Graveyard Theme
-12 new levels!
-New obstacles!
-Zoom feature
-Expanded help feature!

For a total of:
60 Levels, 5 themes!

Blubble is a new and innovative puzzle game created from a concept hatched over ten years ago.

Take control of your bounding blue blob and hop over spiky Murtles, bounce off of mushrooms, fly over dragon's eggs and teleport your way to the goal across water, ice, fire, and more!

* Smooth 3D graphics
* 60 mind bending puzzles
* 5 colorful themes
* Win trophies for finding the best solution!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

EDIT:Impressions in....

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=330553779&mt=8
09-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I'll TOFTT

Edit: Not available in Singapore Store GRRRRR

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

Last edited by Prab; 09-18-2009 at 10:36 AM.

09-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Great! Let us know how it is Today is such a busy app day..
09-18-2009, 12:25 PM
@Prab- any thoughts yet?

It does look like ver possibly a nice puzzle game app. If you don't have time I may have to do honors.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
@Prab- any thoughts yet?

It does look like ver possibly a nice puzzle game app. If you don't have time I may have to do honors.
Not available in his iTunes Store ^^^^
Feel free to do the honors
09-18-2009, 12:36 PM
This one looks good, only question ishow do you move, what are the controls? I'll probably TOFTT later if no one else has by then.
09-18-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm on an iPhone so my impressions will be shorter.

I am not sure about this one. Graphics are nice, sound is fine. Has resume.

The puzzle mechanics are that you try and get your blue glob thing into the warp hole. The KEY element is that you have to jump over something to be able to move. Nothing to jump over, you can't move. Also you have to jump into the warp hole, meaning that there needs to be something to jump over between you and the warp hole.

So that would all be ok, but the spiky things move once you have jumped over them, and therein lies my biggest complaint - you don't know where they are moving to. It can be short or long, you don't know. Now, everyone you play the puzzle they move the same way, so within each puzzle, movement is predictable - but you have to remember what moves where. Please see below for explanation

Obviously movement is different for different puzzles. There are rocks to land on, lily pads that will float you to new locations, things in the ground that will pierce you if you sit, so you have to have 2 moves planned.

When you have a puzzle that goes across more than 1 screen I could not figure a way to view the whole area at once either by pinch zoom, or by scrolling around. That makes those levels a bit frustrating, although still solvable.

I did not mention above, but all possible moves are always displayed, so if you see a space with a blue glow, you can jump there. No blue glow, no jump. Sometimes you will think you should be able to have a certain jump, but no blue glow on the area you wanted to go. So the puzzles, and the solving is somewhat scripted. Not unlike many other puzzles.

So pretty polished, nice graphics , but sort of funny solving mechanics. It starts taking either a lucky first run, where things move so you can solve it. Or a number of test runs, seeing where things move to, and then going through and solving. On the plus side, the puzzle aspects do have some unique elements.

I think people are going to either really like how it works, or be frustrated how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseAtOnyxx View Post
The spiky turtles move in the direction that they are facing when you jumped over them, and walk until they hit an obstacle. Then turn around 180 degrees and go dormant again. I could have been this in the help menu, for sure. Thanks for your feedback!
Thanks Jesse for the explanation - maybe I should have said that my biggest issues was with the help screens? Not much info there - so I was just going off what I saw. I think that some good explanation of how the puzzle is solved would really help, as things are not always clear. The puzzle should not be - how to play the game - it should be the puzzle!

Any info that you can give me on whether the screen scrolls or not?
Great to have you here - I think that you maybe really have something here - just hard to understand at first...

Last edited by pluto6; 09-19-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added screen from another post to clear up confusion
09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
This one looks good, only question ishow do you move, what are the controls? I'll probably TOFTT later if no one else has by then.
Controls are simple. Tap to jump to the space you want to go to.

09-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
I'll TOFTT

Edit: Not available in Singapore Store GRRRRR
Oh well, means I can stop looking at it too.
Thanks for the review anyway, pluto
09-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Oh well, means I can stop looking at it too.
Thanks for the review anyway, pluto
With all the big games coming out, I think that any TOFTT today are going to lost and overshadowed anyways.