★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the developer that brought you the award-winning original game Boost 2, comes another adrenaline rushing experience: K A Y O S. More intense, more challenging, and more chaotic than ever before. With simple controls and a clean, visually enticing interface, Kayos will immerse you into a world with no boundaries or rules - but do you have what it takes to survive?

Thank you for playing - your purchase helps support an independent developer continue to create fun, original games!
04-20-2015, 11:32 PM
This should be very good, looking forward to picking this one up!

04-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks Pete! I've started a promo code thread over here for those interested. This is my second self-published game ever released, so I'm super excited to hear your comments! I hope you guys enjoy the game.

Last edited by jlanis86; 04-21-2015 at 10:29 AM.
04-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Bought sight unseen based on the developer, alone (and the lack of IAPs).

Looks fantastic!
04-21-2015, 11:10 AM
Looks great and you can't beat the price! I'll be picking it up later on when my iOS 8 iPad is available. (Still rocking a 16 Gig iPhone 5 )
04-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Beautiful visuals. The speed. Rocking soundtrack. The speed. GC leaderboards. The speed. Addictive one-tap replay gameplay. The speed.

Even the only part i didnt like (at first) didnt bother me anymore because of how responsive it is. The controls are tilt-only which i normally hate at first contact. I actually hated it when i figured out it was tilt-only. Then i played a second game. And a third. And a few minutes later i forgot it was tilt-only, and i was going past 500 consistently. Admittedly, this is tilt-well-done.

The visuals are just so good. Simple use of 3D geometric shapes obstruct your path. From the simplest shapes just laying there, to cubes that "roll" towards you, or rectangles that topple over you, or even moving obstacles that hit and affect the positioning of other obstalces, this game's visuals are sublime.

There's a boost mechanic in which you tap and hold anywhere on the screen, you move faster. Letting go of the boost slows you down. As you boost, there is a boost meter at the bottom that slowly fills up. Letting go of the boost drains the meter. Once you reach full-boost, you gain 1 shield that lasts until you hit an obstacle, and the shield is consumed and you get to continue your run.

If im not clear on this yet, I LOVE THE SPEED. It's in the f***-*** level of brutal, yet completely playable.

For a buck, you get the whole game, with no crappy ads or IAP. Easily belongs up there with the likes of Super Hexagon and Impossible Road.

Definitely lives up to its title... It's chaos.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-21-2015 at 12:46 PM.
04-21-2015, 01:09 PM
First off, thank you to Jonathon for the code. That said, I agree with everything Exact-Pscience wrote. Im not a tilt fan either, but this game is SO SMOOTH you don't even realize you are tilting the device. As soon as I can I will download this on my phone, because the tilt games I do play I like a lot better on my phone. The colors are great, the speed is great, and unlike other games, I can actually beat my high score. Great game!
04-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Already addicted!

Oddly relaxing and challenging at the same time. The stark white back ground with the colorful obstacles fool you into feeling all zen and then BAM! Damn falling blocks!

The controls are simple, making the game easy to pick up immediately. Tap to accelerate, tilt to avoid obstacles. Hold and tap to boost. As you continuously hold and tap, you begin to activate a shield. The one caveat to doing this is you're going so fast you're likely to hit something before activating the shield. Makes it all the more fun.

I love it! I imagined flying a starfighter in Star Wars. The music is fantastic and the gameplay is seamless. This will have a permanent spot on my phone.

Thank you for the opportunity to play this great game! Now that I've downloaded this game, I foresee this not being a very productive workday!

Last edited by locomoco; 04-21-2015 at 08:14 PM.
04-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Purchased immediately based on the developer - no IAPs, single purchase this is how it should be done.

Butter smooth gameplay, great soundtrack and did someone mention FAST?!

5-star review left on AppStore already, great job!
04-21-2015, 02:19 PM
this game is amazing. The art style has that really clean and simplistic look while being really high quality rendering. The music is great too as the rhythm of the beats really in sync with the momentum of you dashing through the obstacles. Also love the fact that you are being thrown into different kinds of blocks to avoid as to run further and further much like a stage / phrase change which eventually get more and more crazy. Best of all I love the sensation of the SPEED in this game. You feel like you are probably driving at 600mph especially when you are boosting your way through. The adrenaline rush of your heart beat while going though this. Really Speedily Amazing!