★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: GL Golf Released for the iPhone

09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
GL Golf Released for the iPhone

After a long two week wait for Apple to review my game, GL Golf is finally available on the iTunes App store. Here is the direct link in anyone is interested

Any feedback is welcome, this is my first program I've released on the iPhone and I'm looking to improve it with a v1.1 update.

Porting over the game was a great and easy experience and I highly recommend it to anyone who has programmed Mac software with Cocoa.
09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi, would you please write down the description and price for those of us who do not have access to iTunes at the moment? Also, do you have a gameplay video? If so, please provide a link. Cheers!

09-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy1997 View Post
Hi, would you please write down the description and price for those of us who do not have access to iTunes at the moment? Also, do you have a gameplay video? If so, please provide a link. Cheers!
Sure, the program is $7.99 and here is the description (also available here http://nuclearnova.com/glgolfiphone.php)

GL Golf is a 3D golfing game for the casual gamer. With a realistic physics system and great simple graphics, you and up to four players can golf five unique courses for countless hours. Everything in a real game of golf is included, such as water hazards, sand traps, trees, bushes, wind, four seasons, different times to play, and much more.

Unfortunately I don't have a video right now but I'm working on one
09-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Thank you!
10-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Just an update, a free four hole version, GL Golf Lite, is now available on iTunes. I've also worked on the game a little for version 1.01, but I'll have to wait until November and December to optimize the game engine, add new courses, and improve the graphics.
01-13-2009, 02:38 PM
It's been a while, but here are two more updates on the GL Golf franchise -

1) GL Golf Deluxe released - Twenty-Two course for $9.99 (on a special release discount, normally $14.99) . Check it out here - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301557622&mt=8

2) GL Golf is now on discount to $5.99 (normally $7.99) for the same time that GL Golf Deluxe is on discount. The last update also added a sixth course. Link still in the first post of the thread.

Any feedback is welcome, especially since there is a free lite version to try.
01-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Wow, normally $15? Pretty ballsy
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
this is exactly what I said would happen... my "premium" version of the game that I paid 8 dollars for gets discounted down and a new "premium" version comes out. Instead of just updating the original for those who have already bought the game. Am I out of line for being upset about this?

It's a really great game that I really enjoy playing, probably one of my favorites... so I don't want my rant to mislead anyone into not buying it... but I just feel cheated by this. I think it could have been handled better.
02-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Sorry about the late reply, I guess I wasn't subscribed to the thread like I thought I was!

Vende, after talking to several other developers I've decided to leave it at $9.99. Anything higher than $10 will be a big turn off, and even though the mac version costs $25 I can't charge even half of that on the iPhone.

theishkid : I'm real sorry about this, I wish apple allowed for a $2 upgrade but they don't. I had to pay my course maker to convert all of the mac courses to the iPhone, so unfortunately I couldn't just give the courses away with a free update. Send me a PM and I'll see if I can get you a free code for GL Golf Deluxe

In other news -

I just wanted to inform anyone who subscribed to this thread that GL Golf Standard is on sale for a limited time at $0.99. After a short period of time it will return to the original $5.99 price point. I've been reluctant to drop the price, but with all of the competition on the app store I'm willing to try this price point for a short time.

I'm also giving out a few free iTunes codes for GL Golf Deluxe (USA Only, sorry but I tried to give to a user to try in another country and iTunes gave an error). If you're willing to give an HONEST review on iTunes (1 star, 5 star, doesn't matter as long as its honest) send me an email to sales@nuclearnova.com within the next day or two with why you deserve a code and I'll send you one if I have any left.

Again, any feedback is welcome. I'm in the process of adding a Practice mode to the game so you can try the same holes over and over again with infinite mulligans, as well as adding some other features from the mac version.

Last edited by nuclearnova; 02-27-2009 at 05:52 PM.
02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
I just played two holes but this game is AWESOME! HIGHLY recommended! 23 courses or so, all 4 seasons, different times of day, ball colors. I really really love this game. Great tap-tap swing mechanism.