★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New developer journal

04-21-2015, 10:30 AM
New developer journal

Hi, I've wanted to do a journal for several years and now it is born over at GameDev.net...Xam'n'Eggs

My latest game is voxel based, it was started at the end of February and is really coming along! Focus is for the iOS version as I'm already ~set up to publish.

I did want to create a journal here at Touch Arcade but there doesn't seem to be an appropriate forum for such an ongoing post - That is without feeling like it was spamming each time... for example this developer forum or the upcoming one, both might feel like a 'bump' in a busy place (rather than a dedicated sub-forum).

Hope to see a few comments and feedback! This is an attempt to engage with the player during the development process itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	under_construction.png
Views:	8
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	86263  
04-21-2015, 10:53 AM
I think that this is the perfect place for it. At least I hope that it is as I am doing the same thing myself.

Love the look of the art you posted. Very "Tron" like feel. Can't wait to see more. Good luck.

04-21-2015, 03:33 PM
It is an ideal place for what I want to achieve yes. I followed a journal over there a very long time ago and was surprised how easy it was to find the section again.

Thank you very much I look forward to posting more entries as the game evolves. Though it is difficult finding an audience of course, I can only hope over time that any feedback can be a guide to making the right game...again it has taken over from the previous project, except that one is secret and this is the contrary. Cheers. Good luck with yours too! I shall keep an eye on signatures for any others on iOS.
04-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Another great place for Game dev journals is TIGSource and IndiegameMag. Not as active with iOS stuff but still a good community

Community Manager
Spunge Games
- Twitter - Facebook - Youtube -
Cartoon Survivor OUT NOW
04-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxie@SpungeGames View Post
Another great place for Game dev journals is TIGSource and IndiegameMag. Not as active with iOS stuff but still a good community
Thanks for alternative ideas I shall try indeed as apparently my blog has zero views after 24 hours :/
04-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to 1stSPIN
You have my full support for your blog.
04-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stSPIN View Post
You have my full support for your blog.
Good of you to say, thank you.

I guess the view-counter is broken and I should try some analytic method. I just tend to code and talk though
05-10-2015, 10:23 AM
The truth about success

George Broussard says best how it is, and I'm inclined to agree: People don't care what happens beneath the surface.
05-10-2015, 02:22 PM
maybe you want to tell a bit more about them game itself? Just looking at the screenshot i have no clue what this is about? Is this an elevator?

In general a blog is nice if you can write well structured posts that can carry over your ideas to your audience. Still i think that posting a thread in upcoming about your game is rather the right way todo it and get early feedback about your game and even get some TA members interested to test your game and give you more feedback during your developement process.

If you want your blog to act as, well lets say, marketing help you should keep your content light and don't dwell to much into technical details rather than focus about thing that might peek the interest of customers. the game, the levels, the stuff that makes it interesting, different etc. etc.

good luck
05-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xammond View Post
George Broussard says best how it is, and I'm inclined to agree: People don't care what happens beneath the surface.
I'd like to think other devs care. Its a great way to share knowledge and build community. If anything its a good way to reflect.

Community Manager
Spunge Games
- Twitter - Facebook - Youtube -
Cartoon Survivor OUT NOW