★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tower Slash is an action pixel art game that will push you to your limits!

Only the fastest finger will survive!

In a retro style environment, you must take the challenge of climbing the Everlasting Tower.
Only a special kind of runner, fast enough to break the chains of gravity, can climb it, and defeat the tower guardian knights.

Swipe to match the arrows directions to defeat enemies, and climb your way through! Use your memory and reflexes to defeat a horde of enemies and creatures that roam the skies!

Have you got the necessary skills to beat your friends scores and become the ultimate tower slasher?

Unlock all the game characters, each with unique special abilities that will enhance your game experience.
Level up to gain bonus scores!

This difficult game will push you to the limits!

Fight your way to the top!

FEATURES

-Lots of unlockable playable characters
-Level up system
-Special abilities and super powers
-Colorful retro graphics
-Different background and weather

NOMINATIONS
Nominee for best upcoming game at IMGA Awards 2015

More info:
https://www.facebook.com/towerslash
www.twitter.com/marduken

Any Feedback / comments:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=260042
04-22-2015, 02:35 AM
This could be really good but so far seems too damn hard, at least to me. can't make it past 10 enemies

04-22-2015, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
can't make it past 10 enemies
Really? I must try...

Pine Entertainment
04-22-2015, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
This could be really good but so far seems too damn hard, at least to me. can't make it past 10 enemies
Yeah, it's definitely tough at start but you can get good relatively quickly. Also, I've noticed that some of the unlockable characters have powers that should help a lot.

I think I have a new game to finally get rid of Mr. Jump on my phone!
04-22-2015, 04:55 AM
A bit tough at the start but damn this game is fun!
Really love each characters unique power!
I'm addicted to it!
04-22-2015, 06:08 AM
First i'm here to say that i will buy the no-ads for two bucks tomorrow morning, when i buy all the other new interesting releases in a bundle.

From the upcoming thread i know, this is your first personal game. A nice chiptune paired with your beautiful and colorful art style, specially the ever changing backgrounds are made very well, and therefore alone you deserve my support.

The game is super fun but hard, very hard. It's even harder because it's uber-sensitive. Any slight little touch is recognized as a (mostly) wrong input, already. Also, imho, you made a mistake with the default character. You should have gone with the second one with the bigger range. This way you could let the gamers get into your game a bit easier.

Usually i would complain about a slow, not skippable continue, but here it's as fast and hard to make up your mind as the game itself. Maybe make it slower with a skip-button! Oh, and could you give us the possibility (though not for me this time) to mute the music seperately? You could keep your design choice, just tap once to mute the music, tap again to mute all. A must-have option in any game.

Two questions come up:
When i buy the no-ads, will there still be the "watch a video continue"?
How many continues are possible?

PS: i already bought the no-ads to make my hopefully constructive little complaints legit.
The video-continue disappeared, it only says "1 continue left". I used it and the next game i had again 1 continue. Is there an in-game way to earn a continue (kill four bosses or something like this) or will only Kutter Kitty (by score or $2) rais my continue to 2?

And please, dear Dev, no more shill accounts from your friends. Let the game speak for itself, and it puts off people here at TA more likely.

I'd recommend this game (it's free) specially to fans of Magic Touch (by Nitrome). Are your skilled reflexes up to this task? Mine are not...yet.
04-22-2015, 06:28 AM
Tried the game, I can kill more than 10 enemies, but I can't pass 25 enemies...

Pine Entertainment
04-22-2015, 09:03 AM
A little like The Firm on a tower.....
04-22-2015, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
First i'm here to say that i will buy the no-ads for two bucks tomorrow morning, when i buy all the other new interesting releases in a bundle.

From the upcoming thread i know, this is your first personal game. A nice chiptune paired with your beautiful and colorful art style, specially the ever changing backgrounds are made very well, and therefore alone you deserve my support.

The game is super fun but hard, very hard. It's even harder because it's uber-sensitive. Any slight little touch is recognized as a (mostly) wrong input, already. Also, imho, you made a mistake with the default character. You should have gone with the second one with the bigger range. This way you could let the gamers get into your game a bit easier.

Usually i would complain about a slow, not skippable continue, but here it's as fast and hard to make up your mind as the game itself. Maybe make it slower with a skip-button! Oh, and could you give us the possibility (though not for me this time) to mute the music seperately? You could keep your design choice, just tap once to mute the music, tap again to mute all. A must-have option in any game.

Two questions come up:
How many continues are possible?

PS: i already bought the no-ads to make my hopefully constructive little complaints legit.
The video-continue disappeared, it only says "1 continue left". I used it and the next game i had again 1 continue. Is there an in-game way to earn a continue (kill four bosses or something like this) or will only Kutter Kitty (by score or $2) rais my continue to 2?

And please, dear Dev, no more shill accounts from your friends. Let the game speak for itself, and it puts off people here at TA more likely.

I'd recommend this game (it's free) specially to fans of Magic Touch (by Nitrome). Are your skilled reflexes up to this task? Mine are not...yet.

Thanks a lot for the awesome feedback, I really appreaciate it !

Let me answer all your questions:

- About the sound option, I think you have a really valid point there,I wish to have a bigger range of options on the next patch (sound fx, music,about,show tutorials again). Any other option you guys remember feel free to share.

-The default character, I really never thought about it, originally it shouldn't have special powers. About your point about it being the one with the bigger range, my only concern is that the players will get used initially to that widder range, and have some dificulties returning to a smaller range for all the others.

- The skippable button is definitely not perfect, I will probably have a longer countdown and a (quit / end game now / skip) button.

-You will have the same button to continue (1x), it will continue your game without playing any video.

Is there an in-game way to earn a continue ?
- For now there is no way to earn an extra continue. Something to consider in some patch, depending on how well it does.

Again thanks a lot for the valuable feedback!
04-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Tried the game, I can kill more than 10 enemies, but I can't pass 25 enemies...
Life is hard. Then you die!
David Gerrold