★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Plasma Sky - Update 5.0

04-22-2015, 01:49 AM
Plasma Sky - Update 5.0

A new thread for a big new update! ( And because the old thread is busted )

Description:
Plasma Sky is a space shoot-em-up featuring over 100 levels, lots of power-ups, and multiple game modes. It's universal, and there will never be any ads or in app purchases.

There's lots of kinds of enemy ships, and snakes, and your ship powers up and can get different kinds of ammo. There's a regular shield, but also a spike shield that lets you ram enemies. There are bosses! And there's lasers! And you can get wing-men who can power up too! And you and your wing-men can get lasers! And the levels are all different! And there's other stuff! And it barely costs anything!

Watch the trailer:
YouTube

This is update is huge! It ought to be since it took so long to finish!

Update 5.0:
- A revamped Conquest mode with twenty new levels
- A new Music track from the original composer
- Full screen on all devices, no more bars
- Five new bosses, double the original number. They’re neat!
- New Blockade levels, full of all new enemies
- Blockade Mode, because Blockade levels are awesome and play really different
- A new Power-Up, Seeking Shot
- Laser Meteors, Bullet Physics, Smart Turrets, Visual Enhancements, Bug Fixes!
04-22-2015, 01:58 AM
I'm back baby!

04-22-2015, 02:15 AM
yay! i didn't stop playing this since i bought this some days ago! and now we get an awesome update free!
04-22-2015, 03:52 AM
I know it'll last for about thirty seconds, but yay I'm number 1 on the Blockade leader boards (right above Andy). And I've only had this game for a few hours. Plus I'm generally pretty crappy at shmups. Wicked new mode!
04-22-2015, 04:36 AM
havent nitice this game before, and i have just downloaded it , really worth it for just .99. you should keep working on this beautiful game, so impressive of the gameplay. a little advice , you should consider to change the title graphic on the main page, the gameplay graphics look so much better then the main screen.
04-22-2015, 08:30 AM
there s a bug in blockade mode, when game is over trying to enter player's name, it always crashes, pkease check . thanks

using the iphone6 plus ios 8.3
04-22-2015, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxlyfe View Post
I'm back baby!
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
yay! i didn't stop playing this since i bought this some days ago! and now we get an awesome update free!
I hope you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
I know it'll last for about thirty seconds, but yay I'm number 1 on the Blockade leader boards (right above Andy). And I've only had this game for a few hours. Plus I'm generally pretty crappy at shmups. Wicked new mode!
Glad you like the new mode! I hadn't really planned it, but I liked the Blockade levels a lot when I made them for Conquest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevencarla View Post
havent nitice this game before, and i have just downloaded it , really worth it for just .99. you should keep working on this beautiful game, so impressive of the gameplay. a little advice , you should consider to change the title graphic on the main page, the gameplay graphics look so much better then the main screen.
Glad you're having fun! Which part of the main menu is bugging you most? Is it the title and play text that's made of lots of little dots, or is it the big rectangles?

Quote:
there s a bug in blockade mode, when game is over trying to enter player's name, it always crashes, pkease check . thanks

using the iphone6 plus ios 8.3
Oh man, I'll check out that crash right now. Sorry, I'll get a fix out soon!
04-22-2015, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volbard View Post
Welcome back!

I hope you like it!

Glad you like the new mode! I hadn't really planned it, but I liked the Blockade levels a lot when I made them for Conquest.

Glad you're having fun! Which part of the main menu is bugging you most? Is it the title and play text that's made of lots of little dots, or is it the big rectangles?

Oh man, I'll check out that crash right now. Sorry, I'll get a fix out soon!
thanks !!! keep it up , its the title text(font type ) on the main screen, i think it still has improvement on the layout of the main screen( the first impression is pretty important, u know...LOL ) , but it's just a matter of taste anyway,doesn't effect the gameplay.
04-22-2015, 09:35 AM
1) could you make an endless levels mode like harcore, but WITH life and no continues?
2) can you put an option to switch the music track? I liked the previous version track better!

I love Plasma Sky and on the thread i made for iti wrote that it's beautiful and fun, and if you made something like it with RPG-progression it would be up there with my most loved games of the year!
04-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Quote:
thanks !!! keep it up , its the title text(font type ) on the main screen, i think it still has improvement on the layout of the main screen( the first impression is pretty important, u know...LOL ) , but it's just a matter of taste anyway,doesn't effect the gameplay.
It is a little jumbley, I'll see if I can make them neater. Arranging tiny dots is hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
1) could you make an endless levels mode like harcore, but WITH life and no continues?
2) can you put an option to switch the music track? I liked the previous version track better!

I love Plasma Sky and on the thread i made for iti wrote that it's beautiful and fun, and if you made something like it with RPG-progression it would be up there with my most loved games of the year!
1 - I could make a mode like that, but I want to be careful about cluttering things up with similar modes. It depends on how many people want a mode like that.

2 - Maybe, but I hope the new track grows on you. It switches between it and the old one every time you play, so you can kind of choose that way.

I'm glad you like the game, thanks for letting me know. Makes me happy!