★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best in-app advertisement company to use?

04-22-2015, 08:16 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 62
Best in-app advertisement company to use?

I want to display an ad in my app either when it launches or when the user does something (maybe after a level complete)... Which advertisement companies are best to go with here? I tried doing a search on the forum but got almost nothing related to what I was searching.
04-22-2015, 09:22 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosty View Post
I want to display an ad in my app either when it launches or when the user does something (maybe after a level complete)... Which advertisement companies are best to go with here? I tried doing a search on the forum but got almost nothing related to what I was searching.
Which ad provider is "best" entirely depends on what type of game you have and where your userbase is, as providers have different regions and ad categories they are strong in.

For optimum results, you should look at a mediated solution where you can tap into the strengths of multiple ad providers. We use and could recommend Mopub for mediation and use their marketplace in conjunction with other ad providers including iAds, Admob, Inmobi, Playhaven, Chartboost, and Mediabrix.

At a minimum, I'd recommend a basic ad and backfill system where you lead with iAds and then backfill any unfilled requests with Admob.
04-22-2015, 10:45 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosty View Post
I want to display an ad in my app either when it launches or when the user does something (maybe after a level complete)... Which advertisement companies are best to go with here? I tried doing a search on the forum but got almost nothing related to what I was searching.
Can I ask what you created your game with? Straight up Swift or Objective-C and Xcode, or did you use Unity, other, etc. I only ask because if it is made with Unity they did a live event on the ad platform they have earlier today and you can watch the replay of if you missed it. Crossy Road guys claim to have made a million plus supposedly only using the ad platform Unity has created.

Do you mean which is the best company based on rate of return or ease of implementing the code base into a project?
04-23-2015, 12:13 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMarshall View Post
Can I ask what you created your game with? Straight up Swift or Objective-C and Xcode, or did you use Unity, other, etc. I only ask because if it is made with Unity they did a live event on the ad platform they have earlier today and you can watch the replay of if you missed it. Crossy Road guys claim to have made a million plus supposedly only using the ad platform Unity has created.
Crossy Road uses Unity Ads incentivized video, which is different to what the OP is asking for. Incentivized video is surfaced in a different way and only really works if you have an economy in your game or some resource that is desirable that you can gift the player.

Also, Unity Ads do not require you to have implemented your game using Unity. They have multiple SDKs depending on what you are using as your underlying tech, and we've easily and successfully integrated it outside of Unity.
04-23-2015, 06:12 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 62
I used straight up storyboards and started everything from scratch so I can implement whatever I would like...

It's my first game I've ever made so just seeing if there are any recommendations out there.
05-21-2015, 07:27 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
Which ad provider is "best" entirely depends on what type of game you have and where your userbase is, as providers have different regions and ad categories they are strong in.

For optimum results, you should look at a mediated solution where you can tap into the strengths of multiple ad providers. We use and could recommend Mopub for mediation and use their marketplace in conjunction with other ad providers including iAds, Admob, Inmobi, Playhaven, Chartboost, and Mediabrix.

At a minimum, I'd recommend a basic ad and backfill system where you lead with iAds and then backfill any unfilled requests with Admob.
You also wrote you're using Fyber.
Would you recommend MoPub or Fyber for mediation?
Any opinion on HeyZap?
Thanks!