★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mooz Software
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: WordFlip is a challenging and addictive new word game to give your brain and finger a workout. If you like word games like Bookworm, Wordle, Twisty Text, WordsWorth and others, you'll love WordFlip.

Tap and flip groups of tiles to rearrange the letters in the grid, then form words - the longer the better! Earn bonus tiles with high-scoring words, but watch out for frozen tiles if you make too many flips.

Choose how you want to play: take it easy in Practice mode, race against the clock to score as many points as possible in QuickFlip mode, or see if you've got what it takes to beat Challenge mode.

Other features:
Multiple tilesets
Play to your iPod music, or with/without sound effects
Online leaderboards, awards and personal high scores

REVIEWS
-----------------------------------

"...an elegant and very original word game that is brimming with polish and the competitive features we expect from quality iPhone releases."
- touchArcade User Reviews (4 stars)

"You cant afford to miss this game."
- touchreviews.net (4.5 stars)

User comments:
"...this is my second word game and it's addicting!"
"Great example of how an app should be. Fun game, polished interface, easy to pick up and play..."
"When I first heard about this game I was a little bit suspicious. Another word game. Boy was I wrong!"
"This game is simply superlative."

-----------------------------------

AGON Online by Aptocore
--------------------

AGON Online is a leading social gaming platform for iPhone and iPod Touch games enabling:
Online leaderboards
Location aware scores
Awards system
Friends lists
Persistent player profile
Facebook and Twitter integration
For more info on AGON Online please visit:
http://agon-online.com

Mooz's comments:
I'm happy to announce that our first game, WordFlip, is finally available on the App Store! Give it a try - I know you'll enjoy it!

09-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow, apple really are weird.

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me

09-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Promo codes

Posted some promo codes in the contests section... Get them while they're hot!
09-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Nice twist on the word game genre.

I am really liking the interchangable backgrounds and the gameplay! very nice.

Instead of picking out words from letters that stay in place, and need to be connected, in this game, you can actually move the letters to where you want them to go!

There are dots underneath each letter that indicate the value each letter has when scoring a word. This and how to play are explained in the help screens.

You can swap any letter without any limit to how far it can be swapped. The letters that are inbetween the letters that you are swapping will also swap and reverse the layout for those letters.

You can also move any letter as much as you want, but if you move it too much, then one of the letters in the grid will freeze into place and not be moveable until you remove it by including it in a word.

There is a bonus word that the top of the screen that you can find that gives you an extra bonus for finding it.
There are also bonus letter tiles that popup and are colored Silver, Gold, and Crystal.
Silver gives you a 2x bonus, a Gold on gives you a 3x bonus, and the crystal gives you a 4x bonus.

When you find a word, just run your finger over it like in any other word game to make a word and remove it from the letter grid.
You can only swipe words in an up, down, right, or left directions.
You can not make a word diagonally.
There is also a wildcard character for you to use!

There are 3 play modes to choose from: QuickFlip, Challenge, and Practice.

QuickFlip is timed, Challenge has a goal that you must meet, and practice is just for you to practice the game with.

Agon online leaderboards are also included in the game!

I like the game, but I think that the Icon could be changed to look better and the interface for the menus could use some work but the gameplay is well done and looks good.
And an indicator that shows you when the next tile will freeze would be a welcomed feature as well.

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp

Last edited by PureSkill; 09-20-2009 at 10:10 AM.
09-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Just wanted to clarify a couple of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSkill View Post
Common letters though cant move very many spaces, but more uncommon letters can. This is indicated with a dot undernearth the letter. One being the shortest distance you can move a letter and Three being the largest distance.
The dots don't actually influence how far you can move letters - there is no limit to that. The dots simply indicate the value each letter has when scoring a word. Tile values are explained in the help screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSkill View Post
There are also white letter tiles that popup, but I am not sure what they do.
The "white" letters are actually silver tiles - they double the score for a word. The various kinds of bonus tiles are also explained in the help.

And thanks for the review - I'm glad you like the game!
09-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooz View Post
Just wanted to clarify a couple of things...

The dots don't actually influence how far you can move letters - there is no limit to that. The dots simply indicate the value each letter has when scoring a word. Tile values are explained in the help screens.

The "white" letters are actually silver tiles - they double the score for a word. The various kinds of bonus tiles are also explained in the help.

And thanks for the review - I'm glad you like the game!
Thanks for the clarification!

I could have sworn that the game only let me move the letters as far as the number of dots in the game.
But I went back and checked it out, and sure enough, you can move any letter as far as you want to!
That makes the game way easier and still just as fun.

and for the white letters, I looked at them more closely and can see that they have a brushed metal type of appearance. But it doesnt exactly look like silver, but its not really a problem.

I will correct my previous post so that anyone that reads it now will get the correct information!

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp
09-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Nice game! I got it from your promo code forum and this is my second word game and it's addicting! Not sure what else I can add that wasn't posted above, except that it has Agon (my favorite!) and I'm #4 in the world with a score of 400 something! I'm not good at this game, but it's fun. If you like word games, this is #1 (at least of what I've tried.)
09-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripofra View Post
Nice game! I got it from your promo code forum and this is my second word game and it's addicting!
I'm glad you like it... Lots of effort went into tweaking the game so it would be fun yet challenging.
Quote:
Not sure what else I can add that wasn't posted above[...]
How about a good review on iTunes? It would help out tons!
09-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooz View Post
I'm glad you like it... Lots of effort went into tweaking the game so it would be fun yet challenging.

How about a good review on iTunes? It would help out tons!

Already put up yesterday.
09-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Already put up yesterday.
Indeed! The iTunes reviews are per-country, so I hadn't noticed it at first... Sorry!