★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You awaken in your mansion and discover that your love is missing.

She has been kidnapped but it's unclear as to by whom and why. Your mission is to find her and, on this journey, you'll discover truths that will change your relationship forever...

Features
-----------
* beautiful and chilling pixel graphics
* an intimate not-what-you-think love story
* only two control inputs: left & right
* cryptic mind-bending puzzles
* clues and mysteries are scattered throughout
* shadow guides to help you when you're stumped
* new: blood and horror modes
* new: leaderboards and achievements

About Tapinator
Tapinator (Ticker: TAPM) designs, develops, and publishes games on the mobile platforms. The Companys portfolio includes over 150 mobile gaming titles that, collectively, have achieved over 135 million downloads. Tapinator is headquartered in New York. For more info, visit Tapinator.com.
04-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Im intrigued by this. I actually love these type of games, when done right.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

04-23-2015, 08:08 AM
Holy hell... Guys you need to check this out.

Very simple yet well-implemented controls. Tap and hold the left or right side of the screen to move in that direction. Run for a certain distance to gain momentum, and you automatically jump of the end of platforms. Stop just before the end and walk to drop down. This is essential for platforming in this gem.

The first few areas teach you how to do these by providig a simple scenario with these elements introduced one by one. Eventually they add retracting spikes, dripping water (which seems harmful to you), etc.

The level designs are well-thought out, and really brings out the simple platforming mechanics' potential.

Surprisingly, the game has voice acting, which is pretty refreshing as most games of this genre only use text. Kinda elevates the atmosphere a bit more.

Visuals, as seen on the screenshots, are pretty good. I think ambient lighting could improve the experience, but it looks decent even without.

It's free, asking only for a buck to remove ads, and the other IAP is to buy hints which show you a walkthrough of how to complete the levels, which are certainly unnecessary because you should be able to figure out the correct path to get to the next rooms.
04-23-2015, 08:18 AM
Yep good shout. At first i thought 'oh no no jump button' but obviously you have to use a bit of strategy

Love the graphics, professional voice audio, nice creepy sound effects. Well worth it, going to buy this for sure so the dev gets something
04-23-2015, 09:07 AM
Wow. Downloading it now. This looks good.
04-23-2015, 11:49 AM
04-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Oh man, this is awesome, thanks. The controls are simple and tight, which is especially hard for platformers on a touchscreen (I hate virtual d-pads so much). The puzzles are elegant. And I'm a sucker for minimal, atmospheric narrative games. Sold!
04-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Interesting inexplicable nerd voice, reminds me of Spiral Episode 1.

Great game at any rate.
04-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Done with the first 30 levels!
It's a great minimals puzzle platformer with a dense atmosphere! Love the so simple yet working controls! Highly recommended!
04-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Game crashes as soon as I open it.. I'm using an iPad mini retina on the latest OS