★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flappy Hornet

04-23-2015, 08:44 AM
Flappy Hornet

My friends have made an android game utilizing the flappy bird franchize, they called it Flappy Hornet.
It has a very nice and eye apiling graphic, but can it make money with advertising and is the flappy bird franchize all but too much exploited by everyone?
This is my question to you, can I hear your oppinions?
Game is called Flappy Hornet and can be downloaded on Google Play Store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.FlappyHornet
Be honest
04-23-2015, 09:03 AM
Well you've got 9 reviews, all 5 stars so i'm 'sure' its a good game and theyre not fake reviews

Flappy Bird has flown the nest a long time ago. Creating another clone (theres about 123412412414 clones out there) seems a waste of money.

Then again 9 people seem to be happy with the game ! Think the problem is you need honest feedback. Your 9 friends who left that feedback to you arent helping at all. Get an original idea and create an app, cloning the most cloned game of all time in iOS history is a dead dodo

Last edited by psj3809; 04-23-2015 at 09:37 AM.

04-23-2015, 09:29 AM
eye peeling graphics indeed.

and no flappy is dead long time, sorry pal.
04-23-2015, 05:58 PM
@psj You'll never get over dishonest reviews eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
eye peeling graphics indeed.
Nice one, I grant you 20 snowflake points for that comment

Graphics aren't that bad if we view the sprites individually (except for the bad cut outs), but as a whole it just looks bad and cheap. There are some images taken from real photographs, then there are cartoony graphics that are trying to pass of as realistic... I don't know, it doesn't look too appealing to me with all the saturated colors and shadows being cast from 20 different light sources. Even a worse thing are those cleanly cut of logs (with a chainsaw, obviously) that don't fit the whole nature theme at all and what kind of sense does it make that there are half-logs suspended up in mid-air? All minor issues though... The worst thing about the graphics is that your eyes focus on the more saturated background and not on the parts of the game that actually matter - the hornet and the logs.

And I hope they are not planning on becoming rich on this game, because that won't happen. Flappy bird hasn't been just exploited it's been raped and I have no interest in playing this game. Time to come up with something new.

Harsh, I know, but honest.

Last edited by Elsa; 04-23-2015 at 06:09 PM.
04-24-2015, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa View Post
@psj You'll never get over dishonest reviews eh?
Well its embarassing. A dev who has talent creates a game and then suddenly thinks 'i know fake reviews will help !'. They're so obviously fake i've seen plenty of good games ruined by stupid fake reviews.

I dont see how anyone can think its a good idea. Spoke to one developer from China who just didnt see the issue at all which surprised me. So at times maybe it is a cultural thing.

But you gotta laugh when a thread has no replies and 'suddenly' a new poster doesnt decide to post about other AAA games, instead he posts once on an unknown game to say its the best game ever ! So embarassing when you see a shill post like that

But its April 2015 and STILL people think a clone of Flappy Bird will somehow do well ! Surely they have friends in the industry to tell them 'dont bother !'
04-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Thank you for your honest opinions. I am the one who gave them 5 stars, but I did it because I really liked the game (there are my friends so it is obvious that I am bias.
They say that 3 out of those 9 reviews are from friends, and the rest are from real people. They do not expect to make ton of money, but they do expect for a game to pay off.
My opinion on Flappy Bird "franchise" is that it is not ripped, not by a long shoot.

World is a big place, and there will always be people with a will and interest to play a Flappy game, even to fill their time while ridding a bus to work.

Once again thank you all for your honest opinions.
01-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Flappy Bird

Flappy bird is still a very popular game..
01-15-2016, 01:16 AM
agree with @psi3809
come with a new idea